Old 23-10-2005, 01:00 PM
Caz

Default Mushrooms in my lawn!

I need some advice on getting rid of a sudden growth of fungus in my lawn. I
have a huge patch just in the border and also 2 smaller patches nearby. They
seem to have grown overnight. Any advice of how to get rid of them would be
appreciated. If it's of any interest, they are a light brown mushroom
looking thing.

Caz

~ Edmund Burke~

Old 23-10-2005, 02:04 PM
Emrys Davies

--
"All that is necessary for the triumph of evil is that good men do

nothing."
~ Edmund Burke~

Try http://www.rhs.org.uk/ Advice Help& Advice scroll to 'Or try
our easy-to-use problem solver' Problems Toadstools Open the links
until you find your problem.

Regards,
Emrys Davies.

Old 23-10-2005, 02:13 PM
Jaques d'Alltrades

The message
from "Caz" contains these words:

I need some advice on getting rid of a sudden growth of fungus in my
lawn. I
have a huge patch just in the border and also 2 smaller patches
nearby. They
seem to have grown overnight. Any advice of how to get rid of them would be
appreciated. If it's of any interest, they are a light brown mushroom
looking thing.

Can you put a pic up somewhere? hey *MIGHT* be Merasmius oreades (Fairy
ring mushroom) and if so are edible and good.

However, many here have reported trying to get rid of them, and failing.

Live with them, mow them if you must, or treat them as a gift if they
are indeed M. oreades.

--
Rusty
http://www.users.zetnet.co.uk/hi-fi/