GardenBanter.co.uk

-   -   The BBC's "Big Dig" Mystery (https://www.gardenbanter.co.uk/united-kingdom/108415-bbcs-big-dig-mystery.html)

Janet Baraclough 25-10-2005 06:20 PM

The BBC's "Big Dig" Mystery

The message
from Jaques d'Alltrades contains these
words:

Ah, I see those cynic seeds came up...

Back to your kennel, or you'll get no bones :-)

Janet

Mike Lyle 25-10-2005 07:00 PM

The BBC's "Big Dig" Mystery

Janet Baraclough wrote:
The message
from Jaques d'Alltrades contains
these words:

Ah, I see those cynic seeds came up...

Back to your kennel, or you'll get no bones :-)

You're a barrel of laughs today!

--
Mike.

Janet Baraclough 25-10-2005 07:14 PM

The BBC's "Big Dig" Mystery

The message
from "JennyC" contains these words:

Did anyone tape the episode about sheds?

Aha, so there was a good reason for cancelling the rest of the series.

Janet

Jaques d'Alltrades 25-10-2005 07:41 PM

The BBC's "Big Dig" Mystery

The message
from "Mike Lyle" contains these words:
Janet Baraclough wrote:
The message
from Jaques d'Alltrades contains
these words:

Ah, I see those cynic seeds came up...

Back to your kennel, or you'll get no bones :-)

You're a barrel of laughs today!

Don't belittle barrels.

--
Diogenes

Mike Lyle 25-10-2005 10:12 PM

The BBC's "Big Dig" Mystery

Jaques d'Alltrades wrote:
The message
from "Mike Lyle" contains

these
words:
Janet Baraclough wrote:
The message
from Jaques d'Alltrades

contains
these words:

Ah, I see those cynic seeds came up...

Back to your kennel, or you'll get no bones :-)

You're a barrel of laughs today!

Don't belittle barrels.

Wouldn't dream of it; but you need bottle to tell Alexander the Great
to get out of the light.

--
Mike.

Jaques d'Alltrades 26-10-2005 12:25 PM

The BBC's "Big Dig" Mystery

The message
from "Mike Lyle" contains these words:

Jaques d'Alltrades wrote:
The message
from "Mike Lyle" contains

these
words:
Janet Baraclough wrote:
The message
from Jaques d'Alltrades

contains
these words:

Ah, I see those cynic seeds came up...

Back to your kennel, or you'll get no bones :-)

You're a barrel of laughs today!

Don't belittle barrels.

Wouldn't dream of it; but you need bottle to tell Alexander the Great
to get out of the light.

That story will dog his reputation till the end of time.

--
Rusty
http://www.users.zetnet.co.uk/hi-fi/

Jaques d'Alltrades 26-10-2005 12:26 PM

The BBC's "Big Dig" Mystery

The message
from Janet Baraclough contains these words:
The message
from "JennyC" contains these words:

Did anyone tape the episode about sheds?

Aha, so there was a good reason for cancelling the rest of the series.

That's fighting talk!

Sink-plungers at dawn!

Mike Lyle 26-10-2005 04:34 PM

The BBC's "Big Dig" Mystery

Jaques d'Alltrades wrote:
The message
from "Mike Lyle" contains

these
words:

Jaques d'Alltrades wrote:
The message
from "Mike Lyle" contains

these
words:
Janet Baraclough wrote:
The message
from Jaques d'Alltrades

contains
these words:

Ah, I see those cynic seeds came up...

Back to your kennel, or you'll get no bones :-)

You're a barrel of laughs today!

Don't belittle barrels.

Wouldn't dream of it; but you need bottle to tell Alexander the

Great
to get out of the light.

That story will dog his reputation till the end of time.

I doubt if he'd bitch about that.

--
Mike.

Jaques d'Alltrades 26-10-2005 04:42 PM

The BBC's "Big Dig" Mystery

The message
from martin contains these words:
On Wed, 26 Oct 2005 12:26:47 +0100, Jaques d'Alltrades
wrote:
The message
from Janet Baraclough contains these words:
The message
from "JennyC" contains these words:

Did anyone tape the episode about sheds?

Aha, so there was a good reason for cancelling the rest of the
series.

That's fighting talk!

Sink-plungers at dawn!

After the water shed?

Not a lot of point using sink plungers if the water is already shed.

Robert 26-10-2005 06:39 PM

The BBC's "Big Dig" Mystery

wrote in message
oups.com...
: Does anyone know more detail about what happened to the daily BBC2
: programme called "The Big Dig" about allotments?

:
: Did anyone else catch it during its brief existence?
:
Yes I have written to the BBC on email to ask why it wasn't on as advertised
this week

WaltA 29-10-2005 03:29 AM

The BBC's "Big Dig" Mystery

On Tue, 25 Oct 2005 13:13:28 +0100, "Mike Lyle" wrote:
WaltA wrote:
[...]
and the Titchmarsh progs are good.

Thou jest ?

Nay, gentle Walt, verily I jest not. Master Titchmarsh pleaseth me

lol! well that's ok then :)

well when allowed to do his own thing. I very much liked, e.g., his
royal gardens series. And I liked the hint of a smirk

He does do the smirk very well, I grant you.
Titch was (is) good in Kew, but he should have stayed there !
We dont all have Kew in our back gardens.

I don't mean the make-over trash, which he wisely quit; though even
that made more sense when he was in charge.

very true,
but I have the feeling he quit more from his own exasperation than
from a duty to us !

praps it is just that I liked JeffH* better than Titch who seemed to
expect the mantle to be cast down to (upon) him

* more down to earth, practical like, more about what some of us
potter about with in our own patch, MontyD inherits more of that than
Titch ( -with his airs&graces)

sorry,
each to his own,
and I'm not omnipotent. ;-), (yet)
just my thruppenceworth

JennyC 29-10-2005 11:11 AM

The BBC's "Big Dig" Mystery

"WaltA" wrote in message
On Tue, 25 Oct 2005 13:13:28 +0100, "Mike Lyle" wrote:
WaltA wrote:
[...]

praps it is just that I liked JeffH* better than Titch who seemed to
expect the mantle to be cast down to (upon) him

* more down to earth, practical like, more about what some of us
potter about with in our own patch, MontyD inherits more of that than
Titch ( -with his airs&graces)

I think its something to do with voices.
AlanT has an irritating one
GeoffH's was warm and earthy
and of course MontyyD's is pure sex :~))
Jenny

Kate Morgan 29-10-2005 11:38 AM

The BBC's "Big Dig" Mystery

snip
and of course MontyyD's is pure sex :~))

What, its not April the first is it, you must be joking :-)

Sue 29-10-2005 06:48 PM

The BBC's "Big Dig" Mystery

"Kate Morgan" wrote
[JennyC]:
and of course MontyyD's is pure sex :~))

What, its not April the first is it, you must be joking :-)

I agree with Jenny! :-}

--
Sue