Old 25-10-2005, 08:05 PM
Brian

Default Test to see if anything appears.

"Lawrence Milbourn" wrote in message

"Rod Craddock" wrote in message
Brian" --- 'flayb' to respond wrote in message
"Brian" --- 'flayb' to respond wrote in message
I seem to have stopped receiving new posts from any newsgroup.

Just
wondering if this will appear. If it does then I'm lost!!
Brian.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~
It has appeared~ but nothing from anyone since 1400 on the 23rd.
Found a dead fly~~ hope the engine driver isn't dead!!
Best Wishes Brian.

It's Tiscali again.
"All aspects of our service are working and no faults have been

reported"
Almost everything of theirs was down for a short while earlier this
evening.

Yours is the first thing I've seen since 23rd.

--
Rod

My real address is rodtheweedygardeneratmyweedyisp
Just remove the weedy bits
and transplant the appropriate symbol at.
"

Agree. Tiscali news has topped again!! I am not convinced that the email
server is working either.

Lawrence

Lawrence

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Thanks both of you. Tiscali can be a PITN but it did seem peculiar
that I could see my own post but none from others.
Thanks again and hope some form of normality soon.
Best Wishes Brian.

Old 25-10-2005, 08:46 PM
Brian

[...]

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Even worse, it seems that we are only being seen by Tiscali posters.
They are transmitting only, to and from, Tiscali subscribers. Otherwise we
would have received from other posters~~surely?
Brian.

Old 25-10-2005, 10:19 PM
JP in Lon

[...]

I have emailed Tiscali but as yet - No Response.

I'd be interested to see what they say.

--
J.P. in London.

Old 25-10-2005, 10:22 PM
JP in Lon

[...]

Yep. Did a search on Google Groups.
None of my posts since... must be the 22nd/23rd. Have appeared.

--
J.P. in London.

Old 27-10-2005, 04:12 PM
Jaques d'Alltrades

The message
from "Brian" --- 'flayb' to respond contains these words:

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Thanks both of you. Tiscali can be a PITN but it did seem peculiar
that I could see my own post but none from others.
Thanks again and hope some form of normality soon.

Nope - the post you saw would not have left Tiscali's server, so you
(and other Tiscali users) would see it, but no-one else would.

Or, your post was getting out (though I didn't see it) but Tiscali was
sending but wasn't collecting from outside.

--
Rusty
http://www.users.zetnet.co.uk/hi-fi/