Old 01-11-2005, 08:32 PM
Kay

Default Cauliflower

My veg supplier produced a very strange looking cauliflower this week -
cauliflower shaped, but purple. I assumed that, like purple sprouting,
it would go green when cooked, but it didn't - it turned a rich
lavender-purple. Clashed with the carrots something horrible ;-)

Tasted good, though.

I've put the left over bits in the fridge to scare the children :-)
--
Kay

Old 01-11-2005, 09:12 PM
Phil L

In ,
Kay typed:
:: My veg supplier produced a very strange looking cauliflower this
:: week - cauliflower shaped, but purple. I assumed that, like purple
:: sprouting, it would go green when cooked, but it didn't - it turned
:: a rich lavender-purple. Clashed with the carrots something horrible
:: ;-)
::
:: Tasted good, though.
::
:: I've put the left over bits in the fridge to scare the children :-)

like these:
http://snipurl.com/jdep

Old 01-11-2005, 10:34 PM
Bob Hobden

"Phil L" wrote after Kay typed:
:: My veg supplier produced a very strange looking cauliflower this
:: week - cauliflower shaped, but purple. I assumed that, like purple
:: sprouting, it would go green when cooked, but it didn't - it turned
:: a rich lavender-purple. Clashed with the carrots something horrible
:: ;-)
::
:: Tasted good, though.
::
:: I've put the left over bits in the fridge to scare the children :-)

like these:
http://snipurl.com/jdep

I'm sure I've seen an orange one too.

--
Regards
Bob

Old 01-11-2005, 10:44 PM
Christopher Norton

The message
from Kay contains these words:

My veg supplier produced a very strange looking cauliflower this week -
cauliflower shaped, but purple. I assumed that, like purple sprouting,
it would go green when cooked, but it didn't - it turned a rich
lavender-purple. Clashed with the carrots something horrible ;-)

Tasted good, though.

I've put the left over bits in the fridge to scare the children :-)
--
Kay

And of course you don`t have to fanny around trying to keep the curd white!!

I have my seed for next year already.
Old 01-11-2005, 11:41 PM
Kay

In article , Phil L
writes
In ,
Kay typed:
:: My veg supplier produced a very strange looking cauliflower this
:: week - cauliflower shaped, but purple. I assumed that, like purple
:: sprouting, it would go green when cooked, but it didn't - it turned
:: a rich lavender-purple. Clashed with the carrots something horrible
:: ;-)
::
:: Tasted good, though.
::
:: I've put the left over bits in the fridge to scare the children :-)

like these:
http://snipurl.com/jdep

yeah.

Thinking about it, I shouldn't have expected it to go green - the stems
were white, no chlorophyll anywhere. Purple sprouting has green stems.
--
Kay