Old 05-11-2005, 10:45 AM
JennyC

Default GW Tropical Garden......?

I was wondering what the rest of URG thinks about the gardeners World 'Tropical
(Jungle) garden' ??

I love 'tropical' plants but it somehow doesn't work for me at all. The space is
tiny and the layout is weird.
The plants are great, but don't seem to show to the best of their advantage.....

Thoughts ?
--
Jenny
(Rotterdam the Netherlands)

Old 05-11-2005, 11:58 AM
Paul Corfield

On Sat, 5 Nov 2005 11:45:56 +0100, "JennyC"
wrote:

I was wondering what the rest of URG thinks about the gardeners World 'Tropical
(Jungle) garden' ??

I love 'tropical' plants but it somehow doesn't work for me at all. The space is
tiny and the layout is weird.
The plants are great, but don't seem to show to the best of their advantage.....

I would agree although I still possess my gardening "L Plates". I think
the idea is a good one but the execution is messy and too much for the
space. I like the plants but it has put me off that "style" of planting.
I'm also not overly impressed with courtyard garden.

I was rather more taken with ideas like the small fruit garden and the
alpines. I am also looking forward to seeing how the conifer garden and
shrubbery go. This is mostly so I can see what can be done even if I
don't have anything like the space of Berryfields.

I do wish they would do a show which showed how all of Berryfields
fitted together. I get no sense of how Berryfields "works" as a whole
which is something I like to understand when I have visited gardens that
are part of the NGS. Alan Titchmarsh did one of his "gardeners world"
garden (I forget the name) which showed how it all fitted together, what
was grown where and I thoroughly enjoyed that.
--
Paul C

Old 05-11-2005, 05:24 PM
Registered User

never mind the plants, what's in the mysterious shed behind them?
Old 05-11-2005, 07:42 PM
Jaques d'Alltrades

The message
from undergroundbob contains
these words:

never mind the plants, what's in the mysterious shed behind them?

Peep through the chink in the red checky curtings and you'll see PPs,
BAs, at least one cracked mug, with or without its companion the jamjar
full of dried-up paintbrushes, the odd old lawnmolar, a mangle, some
garding frocks, a nail on which to snag your cardie, at least one sack
of hardened cement to sit on, and maybe an old Snowcem drum TAAAW,
spiders, some tools, a missing Stanley Knife, and a wormhole into
Shedspace which connects with a multiplicity of down the backs of
people's sofas, especially ar(Bob's.

HTH

--
Rusty
http://www.users.zetnet.co.uk/hi-fi/
Old 05-11-2005, 09:55 PM
Jaques d'Alltrades

The message
from Janet Baraclough contains these words:
The message
from undergroundbob contains
these words:

never mind the plants, what's in the mysterious shed behind them?

/\
Tarzan. Or Rusty. / \

¯||¯
It's not Tarzan, he's up there somewhere,|| sitting on a pineapple.