GardenBanter.co.uk

-   -   OT clearing jackdaw`s nest (https://www.gardenbanter.co.uk/united-kingdom/108863-ot-clearing-jackdaw%60s-nest.html)

Jaques d'Alltrades 09-11-2005 04:09 PM

OT clearing jackdaw`s nest

The message
from "Mike" contains these words:

Perhaps there should be a motto for gardeners. "Gardening is left outside
with the muddy boots, control and aggression"

So, if you're not a gardener, it's OK to bring the aggression in, then?

--
Rusty
http://www.users.zetnet.co.uk/hi-fi/

Sacha 09-11-2005 04:44 PM

OT clearing jackdaw`s nest

On 9/11/05 16:05, in article ,
"Jaques d'Alltrades" wrote:

The message k
from Sacha contains these words:

Anyway, it's sound advice to consult a competent professional on property
matters. It might even prevent unpleasant surprises, like finding
out after
purchase that someone removed the chimney breasts without providing
adequate
support for the chimney stacks :-)

I have actually known that happen to one person - luckily they weren't
living in the house when most of the chimney arrived in their living room.

I know someone else who had that (though not the falling bit) - but
fortunately, when he came to buy the house he got loads knocked-off the
selling price.

And I was talking to someone else who said they'd removed the
chimneybreast downstairs. I said I hoped it was properly supported and
she replied: "Oh yes, there's a JCB holding it up."

Well, it's got a 'J' in it innit.

Make a lovely coffee table if looked at in a certain light......
--
Sacha
www.hillhousenursery.co.uk

Janet Baraclough 09-11-2005 05:03 PM

OT clearing jackdaw`s nest

The message k
from Sacha contains these words:

People jump on you because you talk
crap 99.9% of the time, you tell lies and you boast endlessly about how
wonderful you are,

Mon dieu, 'ow spooky

It falls
firmly into the category of the "fool doth protest too much" and "when a man
speaks of his honour, make him pay cash".

Not to mention, "Those who lie with dogs, get fleas".

Janet

Mike 09-11-2005 05:39 PM

OT clearing jackdaw`s nest

"Janet Baraclough" wrote in message
The message k
from Sacha contains these words:

People jump on you because you talk
crap 99.9% of the time, you tell lies and you boast endlessly about how
wonderful you are,

Mon dieu, 'ow spooky

It falls
firmly into the category of the "fool doth protest too much" and "when a

man
speaks of his honour, make him pay cash".

Not to mention, "Those who lie with dogs, get fleas".

Janet

I trust that you have learnt that from your own personal experience :-((

Sacha 09-11-2005 05:58 PM

OT clearing jackdaw`s nest

On 9/11/05 17:03, in article , "Janet
Baraclough" wrote:

The message k
from Sacha contains these words:

People jump on you because you talk
crap 99.9% of the time, you tell lies and you boast endlessly about how
wonderful you are,

Mon dieu, 'ow spooky

It falls
firmly into the category of the "fool doth protest too much" and "when a man
speaks of his honour, make him pay cash".

Not to mention, "Those who lie with dogs, get fleas".

Coincidences are a bugger, aren't they?
--
Sacha
www.hillhousenursery.co.uk

Mike Lyle 09-11-2005 06:01 PM

OT clearing jackdaw`s nest

Sacha wrote:
On 9/11/05 17:03, in article

,
"Janet Baraclough" wrote:

[...]
Not to mention, "Those who lie with dogs, get fleas".

Coincidences are a bugger, aren't they?

Mais enfin, est-ce-qu'elle a du chien?

--
Mike.

Janet Baraclough 09-11-2005 06:55 PM

OT clearing jackdaw`s nest

The message
from "Mike Lyle" contains these words:

Sacha wrote:
On 9/11/05 17:03, in article

,
"Janet Baraclough" wrote:

[...]
Not to mention, "Those who lie with dogs, get fleas".

Coincidences are a bugger, aren't they?

Mais enfin, est-ce-qu'elle a du chien?

Only a French bitch.

Janet

La puce 10-11-2005 11:16 AM

OT clearing jackdaw`s nest

Janet Baraclough wrote:
Not to mention, "Those who lie with dogs, get fleas".

Pretty fleas, please. Not ugly fat ones.

middleton.walker 10-11-2005 11:23 AM

OT clearing jackdaw`s nest

"La puce" wrote in message
oups.com...

Janet Baraclough wrote:
Not to mention, "Those who lie with dogs, get fleas".

Pretty fleas, please. Not ugly fat ones.........well, how about Spanish
flies instead of fleas?

La puce 10-11-2005 11:25 AM

OT clearing jackdaw`s nest

Janet Baraclough wrote:
The message
from "Mike Lyle" contains these words:

Mais enfin, est-ce-qu'elle a du chien?

Only a French bitch.

Actually I have two Belgium Shepherd bitches, beautiful Tervuren they
are. I have sadly lost my 15 years old bitch Bodecia Beauregard last
year.

But if I may add, their breath are hugely better than yours, Janet :o)

middleton.walker 10-11-2005 11:32 AM

OT clearing jackdaw`s nest

"La puce" wrote in message
oups.com...

Janet Baraclough wrote:
The message
from "Mike Lyle" contains these
words:

Mais enfin, est-ce-qu'elle a du chien?

Only a French bitch.

Actually I have two Belgium Shepherd bitches, beautiful Tervuren they
are. I have sadly lost my 15 years old bitch Bodecia Beauregard last
year.

But if I may add, their breath are hugely better than yours, Janet :o)

ooh la la...aint we geting ugly once again

La puce 10-11-2005 12:38 PM

OT clearing jackdaw`s nest

Judith Lea wrote:
That's enough - what on earth are we teaching our children when we read
this stupid retort - I am surprised and ashamed of you.

I CERTAINLY I HAD MORE THAN ENOUGH TOO. Why is it that I'm being called
a French bitch and YOU say nothing?

WHY IS IT that nobody says anything when a poster get a post with
'those who lie with dogs gets fleas? WHY IS IT that YOU don't say
anything when I'm being called 'une chienne?'.

YES. I HAD ENOUGH and I am truly sorry if you think calling Janet a fat
ugly cow really bothers you. MIKE LYLE, SACHA and JANET BARACLOUGH are
giving me a hard time over nothing. If I receive one more post with a
rude or abusive words in it I will make a complaint. Janet will not get
away with it this time as she did in February 2004.

middleton.walker 10-11-2005 12:42 PM

OT clearing jackdaw`s nest

'.

YES. I HAD ENOUGH and I am truly sorry if you think calling Janet a fat
ugly cow really bothers you. MIKE LYLE, SACHA and JANET BARACLOUGH are
giving me a hard time over nothing. If I receive one more post with a
rude or abusive words in it I will make a complaint. Janet will not get
away with it this time as she did in February 2004.

I suspect that complaints will get you nowhere at all.....perhaps a few more
derogatory remarks maybe!!!!!!!!!

La puce 10-11-2005 12:51 PM

OT clearing jackdaw`s nest

middleton.walker wrote:
I suspect that complaints will get you nowhere at all.....perhaps a few more
derogatory remarks maybe!!!!!!!!!

Like being called a French bitch you mean?

middleton.walker 10-11-2005 12:58 PM

OT clearing jackdaw`s nest

"La puce" wrote in message
oups.com...

middleton.walker wrote:
I suspect that complaints will get you nowhere at all.....perhaps a few
more
derogatory remarks maybe!!!!!!!!!

Like being called a French bitch you mean?

I remember a ditty from my youth....."Sticks and stones will hurt my bones
but names will not hurt me".....also, I believe..."It takes one to know
one"...a number of times I have been called an 'a-hole'...it distubed me
naught at all as I knew 'from whence it came.....a real a-hole.....