Old 21-11-2005, 07:17 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Janet Galpin

Default Aquadulce Claudia Broad Beans/Cauliflower

The message
from "Bob Hobden" contains these words:

"Janet Galpin" wrote

Yes, the book all say they can take any winter but for us when we grew
them
for overwintering we lost so many during the winter I started to plant in
Jan/Feb time and they caught up anyway. Funny, 'cause if they can take
anything in S. Lincs they should love it here, but they didn't.
--

I guess there might be other issues such as drainage. I think as well
that they're probably more robust if they're not too tall. I used to sow

I think you're right though that the early spring sown ones tend to
almost catch up. I just like a few things to cluck over at this time of
year

Cauliflower.."Walcheren Winter Armardo April" is one such too.

I have grown 'Jerome' for a few years now with very good results. It
matures in May. Does Armado April actually head up in April?
Janet G