Old 28-11-2005, 06:05 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Rupert

Default Heated Propagators

I've been looking for an electrically heated propagator which will hold
about three full seed trays.
I want one that has a variable heat control and heats to about 85F max.
Searching the web produces little choice. The nearest I have found is
offered by TwoWests and Elliot.
Can anyone give advice or recommendations

Thanks

Old 28-11-2005, 06:44 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Peter Stockdale

"Rupert" wrote in message
I've been looking for an electrically heated propagator which will hold
about three full seed trays.
I want one that has a variable heat control and heats to about 85F max.
Searching the web produces little choice. The nearest I have found is
offered by TwoWests and Elliot.
Can anyone give advice or recommendations

Thanks

If you are of a practical disposition - perhaps consider self -
construction.

Regards
Pete
www.thecanalshop.com

Old 28-11-2005, 08:02 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Neil Cairns

On Mon, 28 Nov 2005 18:05:06 -0000, "Rupert"
wrote:

I've been looking for an electrically heated propagator which will hold
about three full seed trays.
I want one that has a variable heat control and heats to about 85F max.
Searching the web produces little choice. The nearest I have found is
offered by TwoWests and Elliot.
Can anyone give advice or recommendations

Thanks
Buy polycarbonate sheets Two Wests & Elliot also heated mat and thermostatic control

a large gravel tray water matting and some alliminuim angle sections
to hold the acrylic sheets for your cover.
PS do not forget to make ajustable vents in the top.
Good Luck
Neil

Old 28-11-2005, 09:45 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Rupert

wrote:

I've been looking for an electrically heated propagator which will hold
about three full seed trays.
I want one that has a variable heat control and heats to about 85F max.
Searching the web produces little choice. The nearest I have found is
offered by TwoWests and Elliot.
Can anyone give advice or recommendations

Thanks
Buy polycarbonate sheets Two Wests & Elliot also heated mat and
thermostatic control

a large gravel tray water matting and some alliminuim angle sections
to hold the acrylic sheets for your cover.
PS do not forget to make ajustable vents in the top.
Good Luck
Neil

Thanks to you both--good idea --particularly as I can make something that
will fit a limited space

Old 30-11-2005, 08:55 AM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Charlie Pridham

"Peter Stockdale" wrote in message

"Rupert" wrote in message
I've been looking for an electrically heated propagator which will hold
about three full seed trays.
I want one that has a variable heat control and heats to about 85F max.
Searching the web produces little choice. The nearest I have found is
offered by TwoWests and Elliot.
Can anyone give advice or recommendations

Thanks

If you are of a practical disposition - perhaps consider self -
construction.

Regards
Pete
www.thecanalshop.com

I agree, the expensive bit is likely to be the thermostat as you need a good
one, but heat mats are readily available and its cover would hardly stretch
a diy enthusiast :~)
--
Charlie, gardening in Cornwall.
http://www.roselandhouse.co.uk

Heated Propagators fixed or variable temp.? Jeff Layman[_2_] United Kingdom 0 13-06-2011 01:46 PM
heated propagators dirt dibbler United Kingdom 0 30-01-2006 12:58 PM
Propagators Titch United Kingdom 2 24-03-2004 05:51 PM
Propagators Titch United Kingdom 6 24-03-2004 05:36 PM
Propagators Titch United Kingdom 0 24-03-2004 05:22 PM