Old 29-11-2005, 11:42 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Basia Kulesz

Default Information on Hebe sought

Please, could anyone tell me, what is the difference between Hebe
pinguifolia "pure" species and Hebe pinguifolia 'Pagei'? I've read all
available information and either the two are confused or the only difference
is in height

Regards, Barbara.

Old 30-11-2005, 01:21 AM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Rupert

"Basia Kulesz" wrote in message
Please, could anyone tell me, what is the difference between Hebe
pinguifolia "pure" species and Hebe pinguifolia 'Pagei'? I've read all
available information and either the two are confused or the only
difference
is in height

Regards, Barbara.

I don't really know either but this site lists each one.
The only difference appears to be the flowering time
The pagei appears to flower earlier
http://www.logivert.com/plantenencyc...plants/t_h.htm

Hang around for a while I am sure someone else will be able to give more
authoritative information

Old 30-11-2005, 11:28 AM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Spider

Basia Kulesz wrote in message
Please, could anyone tell me, what is the difference between Hebe
pinguifolia "pure" species and Hebe pinguifolia 'Pagei'? I've read all
available information and either the two are confused or the only

difference
is in height

Regards, Barbara.

Hi Barbara,

I have found both in 'Hebes Here and There' by Graham Hutchins (ISBN 0
9530940 0 6).

Hebe pinguifolia is described as being a very variable species. It can be
prostrate or erect, from 15cm (6") to 1m (3') tall. Flowers are white, in
May and June.

H.p. 'Pagei' is described as wide-spreading, low-growing; up to 20cm tall by
1m wide. Flowers are white in April/May-June. The leaves may have a pale
margin and be slightly purplish when young.

There is an illustration which suggests that 'Pagei' has longer internodes
and slightly larger leaves.

Hope this helps.
Spider

Old 30-11-2005, 12:28 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Basia Kulesz

Użytkownik "Spider" napisał w wiadomo¶ci

Hebe pinguifolia is described as being a very variable species. It can be
prostrate or erect, from 15cm (6") to 1m (3') tall. Flowers are white, in
May and June.

H.p. 'Pagei' is described as wide-spreading, low-growing; up to 20cm tall

by
1m wide. Flowers are white in April/May-June. The leaves may have a pale
margin and be slightly purplish when young.

There is an illustration which suggests that 'Pagei' has longer internodes
and slightly larger leaves.

Hope this helps.

And how! Thank you!

Regards, Barbara.

Hebe Andersonii Variegata Variegated Hebe Paddy's Pig[_3_] Garden Photos 0 23-03-2010 09:41 AM
Hebe or not Hebe Twobtold Gardening 9 29-08-2004 08:33 PM
bamboo information suggestions sought ook Gardening 9 21-08-2004 05:42 PM
bamboo information suggestions sought ook Bamboo 15 21-08-2004 05:42 PM
Hebe - Pruning Jack United Kingdom 1 11-02-2003 09:23 AM