Old 03-12-2005, 04:07 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Sacha

Default Cornus holding on to leaves

I noticed today that despite the cold snap and now the gales, our Cornus
controversa variegata is still holding on to its leaves AND has new buds
appearing. Can't say I remember that happening before.
--
Sacha
www.hillhousenursery.co.uk

Old 03-12-2005, 04:47 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Mel

"Sacha" wrote in message
I noticed today that despite the cold snap and now the gales, our Cornus
controversa variegata is still holding on to its leaves AND has new buds
appearing. Can't say I remember that happening before.

I was wondering about the same thing in my garden. Not only are there still
leaves on clematis nelly moser, it also has several flowers in full blooms!
Still are leaves on clematis fireworks and montana; hydrangea; weigela
florida; lavatera; spirea japonica and hardy fuchsias. And although most of
the leaves have dropped off exochordia, it has new buds appearing. And
today I've noticed a couple of hebes have burst into flower, including Maria
which I think is a spring variety. It was freezing up here last week, but
it's turned wet and mild again.

Old 03-12-2005, 10:26 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Bob Hobden

"Mel" wrote after...
"Sacha" said
[...]

One of our Water lilies, "Peach Glow", has just pushed a flower bud above
the surface.

--
Regards
Bob

Old 05-12-2005, 04:51 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
La puce

Mel wrote:
I was wondering about the same thing in my garden. Not only are there still
leaves on clematis nelly moser, it also has several flowers in full blooms!
Still are leaves on clematis fireworks and montana; hydrangea; weigela
florida; lavatera; spirea japonica and hardy fuchsias. And although most of
the leaves have dropped off exochordia, it has new buds appearing. And
today I've noticed a couple of hebes have burst into flower, including Maria
which I think is a spring variety. It was freezing up here last week, but
it's turned wet and mild again.

Ditto here. Lilac, both Polish and white variety have most of their
leaves. White ones have abnormal fat flower heads on, apple trees and
hydrangea have leaves on too - my lovely white rhodo has buds so fat
you can see the white of the petals already. Lavatera has its flowers
on and the wisteria has all its leaves still. At this time I usually
pick up the stems sticking out and make little bundles to start my
fire.

I thought I'd never ever say that, but I want some cold weather.
Please. I don't like seeing snails wondering around my front steps in
December. It's not right.

holding tank pmwebdesigns Ponds 0 25-03-2004 08:53 AM
holding tank pmwebdesigns Ponds 0 25-03-2004 04:16 AM
holding pond net down k conover Ponds 0 13-01-2004 07:33 PM
How long in dark holding tank?? Toni Freshwater Aquaria Plants 1 14-06-2003 12:20 PM
Holding new roses in pots until the weather cooperates Tim B Roses 9 09-03-2003 08:09 PM