Old 26-12-2005, 03:55 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
a.c.

Default Tools value?

Bob Hobden wrote:
"Bob Hobden" wrote
Do you know the true replacement value of your garden tools and sundries
if they get stolen?

We have had our Landrover 90 (defender) van stolen from outside our house
with all our allotment tools on board last night. Spent the day costing
replacements for everything we can remember was on-board....£726. !!!!
Frightening isn't it.
Wellies (3 pairs) alone came to £105.

Got home late last night to find a message on the answerphone from the
Police to say my Landrover has been found in Slough because the thief left
the window open and someone reported it as insecure. It's in a pound 'till
Tuesday but the driver that took it in says it's OK as far as he could tell
and there is some stuff in the back but he couldn't say what. So we will
have to wait to see what's left, and what damage has been done, fingers
crossed.

--
Regards
Bob

That's fantastic news.
The tools are one thing, but the vechicle is quite another, especially
as it is of such little mileage inspite of its age. That's a nearly new
van/landrover and you would almost certainly have had hassles with the
insurance company. They'll happily give you a rate according to YOUR
valuation of the vechile, which, in this case might be quite high,
after all, it's so new in mileage terms. But, then they'll only payout
according to THEIR valuation, which would have been for a 1987 'old
crock'
Very good news indeed. I'm very happy for you.

Old 28-12-2005, 06:26 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Padger

snip
Hope you have better luck for 2006.
I had all my vehicle tools stolen years ago, never really got round to
replacing all of them.
A colleague of mine had his van dragged out his driveway and emptied of all
his gardening tools (professional stuff). Cost him thousands and no
insurance as he was not supposed to leave them on board.
A tough lesson but salutory.
Jim