Old 30-12-2005, 01:16 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
kenty;\)

Default Advise planting cardiocrinum giganteum bulb?

I have just got a c.giganteum bulb,the growing tip is just showing & the
roots are growing white/fibrous.Should i pot it up or plant in the
garden(final position).If in the garden i will dig in lots of leaf mould
..The bulb i think will need a couple more seasons before flowering size.
Thanks Keith

Old 30-12-2005, 01:28 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Sacha

On 30/12/05 1:16 pm, in article ,
"kenty" wrote:

I have just got a c.giganteum bulb,the growing tip is just showing & the
roots are growing white/fibrous.Should i pot it up or plant in the
garden(final position).If in the garden i will dig in lots of leaf mould
.The bulb i think will need a couple more seasons before flowering size.
Thanks Keith

Ray recommends that you put it in a pot and plant it out later.

--

Sacha
www.hillhousenursery.co.uk

Old 30-12-2005, 01:45 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
kenty;\)

"Sacha" wrote in message
.uk...
On 30/12/05 1:16 pm, in article ,
"kenty" wrote:

I have just got a c.giganteum bulb,the growing tip is just showing & the
roots are growing white/fibrous.Should i pot it up or plant in the
garden(final position).If in the garden i will dig in lots of leaf mould
.The bulb i think will need a couple more seasons before flowering size.
Thanks Keith

Ray recommends that you put it in a pot and plant it out later.

--

Sacha
www.hillhousenursery.co.uk
South Devon
(remove the weeds to email me)

Thanks Sacha,So if i potted it up in compost /leafmould(bulb is 2 1/2"x
2")leave outside or unheated greenhouse?Wait until plant is growing strong
,then plant out yeh.
Cheers Keith

Old 30-12-2005, 02:10 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Sacha

On 30/12/05 1:45 pm, in article ,
"kenty" wrote:

"Sacha" wrote in message
.uk...
On 30/12/05 1:16 pm, in article ,
"kenty" wrote:

I have just got a c.giganteum bulb,the growing tip is just showing & the
roots are growing white/fibrous.Should i pot it up or plant in the
garden(final position).If in the garden i will dig in lots of leaf mould
.The bulb i think will need a couple more seasons before flowering size.
Thanks Keith

Ray recommends that you put it in a pot and plant it out later.

Thanks Sacha,So if i potted it up in compost /leafmould(bulb is 2 1/2"x
2")leave outside or unheated greenhouse?Wait until plant is growing strong
,then plant out yeh.

The mixture sounds fine and Ray says leave it in a sheltered spot unless you
live somewhere with arctic cold. Don't let it get too wet and rot away,
though! Plant it out in its chosen spot next year.

--

Sacha
www.hillhousenursery.co.uk