GardenBanter.co.uk

-   -   USDA zone map for UK - for comparison of climate, where to find? (https://www.gardenbanter.co.uk/united-kingdom/110355-usda-zone-map-uk-comparison-climate-where-find.html)

**bg** 11-01-2006 10:43 PM

USDA zone map for UK - for comparison of climate, where to find?

"djhughes" wrote in message

**bg** Wrote:
Oops, too funny, typo

Shd read 30 cm to 1 foot

Have a nice day to all ngns

Keep yer toes tappin'

RjC
www.lchb.ca

On the subject, this might be interesting to some. A NASA Mars lander
crashed a few years ago because one lab used imperial and another one
used metric and they got the conversions wrong when they joined the
data together.

http://tinyurl.com/75fny

Darren

__________________________________

Hi D,

Yes, I remember that, what a disappointment.

Have often wondered if it was a single person's fault, what they're doing
now eh

RjC

--
djhughes

Rusty Hinge 2 11-01-2006 11:36 PM

Metric in the USA and de woild eh USDA zone map for UK - for comparison of climate, where to find?

The message
from Tim C. contains these words:

Following up to "La Puce" :

now we've got both measurement methods given, and that very
much confuses everybody

Doesn't confuse me. I only have trouble nowadays with Fahrenheit.

So do I at present - not enough of them.

--
Rusty
Separator in search of a sig

Tim C. 12-01-2006 07:46 AM

Metric in the USA and de woild eh USDA zone map for UK - for comparison of climate, where to find?

Following up to Rusty Hinge 2 :

Doesn't confuse me. I only have trouble nowadays with Fahrenheit.

So do I at present - not enough of them

:-)
It was -17.7C here this morning. That's 0.14°F. Definitely too few.
--
Tim C.

Tim C. 12-01-2006 07:48 AM

Metric in the USA and de woild eh USDA zone map for UK - for comparison of climate, where to find?

Following up to Martin :

On Wed, 11 Jan 2006 13:21:45 +0100, Tim C.
wrote:

Following up to "**bg**" :

Unfortunately, you Britons foisted Miles and
Fahrenheit

Fahrenheit was German.

and Miles Davis was American.

And the other mile came from the Romans.
--
Tim C.