Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 12-01-2006, 11:46 AM posted to uk.rec.gardening
cliff_the_gardener

Default Hormone rooting powder - sell by date??

Mike,
you raise some good points here.
The main advantage of rooting powder is the fungicide, IMO
I was told there were a couple of reasons for failure beyond what you
have mentioned. Too much powder forms a cap which affects air and
moisture reaching the root zone, which then affects the roots abbility
to break though the talc cap. This is one of the reasons I have moved
over too gel.
I take you point about other factors being major players, humidity,
moisture etc, but they are out of control for most amateurs (how many
of us can accurately control temperature - many domestic electric
propogators have fixed thermostats - my Scotts heats the soil to 24°C,
which explained my poor performance)

rooting hormone query Xi Wang Orchids 3 09-03-2005 12:43 AM
rooting hormone query Xi Wang Orchids 0 08-03-2005 02:33 AM
Hormone rooting compound ? Sla#s United Kingdom 2 03-02-2005 09:40 PM
rooting hormone WiGard Gardening 5 01-02-2004 02:46 PM
Shelf liife of rooting hormone Franz Heymann United Kingdom 26 24-08-2003 05:03 PM