Old 23-01-2006, 11:33 AM posted to uk.rec.gardening
fourmations

Default lean to green house plans on the net

hi all

i fancy having a stab at this as i have
contacts for all materials required

a small-ish unheated one on a concrete path

any free plan links?

i have had a look, but may have missed some

thanks

niall

Old 23-01-2006, 02:36 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
fourmations

Default lean to green house plans - REVISED

Hi all

should have mentioned this while starting the thread:

my garden is south-facing, but i have a westfacing large side passage that
does nothing and thats where i would like to put my lean to

Will this work out aspect-wise?

Although my garden has perfect aspect, i would not put a greenhouse in it
as it is not really big enough and has been nicely landscaped recently

TIA

niall

Old 23-01-2006, 03:47 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Phil L

fourmations wrote:
Hi all

should have mentioned this while starting the thread:

my garden is south-facing, but i have a westfacing large side passage
that does nothing and thats where i would like to put my lean to

Will this work out aspect-wise?

Although my garden has perfect aspect, i would not put a greenhouse
in it as it is not really big enough and has been nicely landscaped
recently

WRT the plans, you'd be wise to make the greenhouse fit the sizes of the
materials, EG if you can get your hands on 6ft by 3ft sheets of
polycarbonate (or whatever you are thinking of using for sides and roof), it
would be daft to make the thing 7ft high.

What sizes are your sheets?
What sizes are your timbers?
Are you planning on raising it up so that the timbers are not directly on
the floor? (this is usally a good idea, just placing it on a row of bricks
is enough to keep off any resting water)

Old 23-01-2006, 04:43 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
fourmations

hi phil (and all)

the sheets are 2100mm x 3000mm (7' x 10') 10mm twinwall polycarbonate
I am very open to suggestion on all aspects of the building
(no experience of g-houses whatsoever)

I have the tools & industrial saws in work to cut the sheets and frame
elements to suit
at any angles sizes etc etc.
(I work in a signmakers and have access to these things at trade price)

I was thinking of using aluminium for the framework
i can use angle or actual purpose built section that the panels slot into
(the type of thing exhibition panels, and the like, are joined with)

tia

niall

Old 23-01-2006, 08:54 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Phil L

fourmations wrote:
hi phil (and all)

the sheets are 2100mm x 3000mm (7' x 10') 10mm twinwall polycarbonate
I am very open to suggestion on all aspects of the building
(no experience of g-houses whatsoever)

There aren't any hard and fast rules, I have two, one polycarb, one glass,
both timber framed.

I have the tools & industrial saws in work to cut the sheets and frame
elements to suit
at any angles sizes etc etc.
(I work in a signmakers and have access to these things at trade
price)

cutting the polycarb can be done with any decent saw, hand or power.

I was thinking of using aluminium for the framework
i can use angle or actual purpose built section that the panels slot
into (the type of thing exhibition panels, and the like, are joined
with)

The thing with aluminium is that it's not very strong, and neither is the
polycarb (I'm thinking of severe winds here) affixing it to the house with
ally would be a good idea but I'm not too sure about the corners, unless you
propose putting an angle inside *and* outside the joint, with bolts through
all three materials?....mine's just nailed onto 3X2 timber, but then again,
mine isn't joined onto the house - it's behind a shed out of sight somewhat.

Also in your OP, you mentioned that on the westerly wall, there's a
passageway? - how much gap have you got here? - is there another house?