Old 05-02-2006, 10:06 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Basia Kulesz

Default Could you please identify this daisy?

It is Tanacetum coccineum, double, and I'd like to know the variety. Google
brings very few photos, so this is a very desperate plea for help really:-)

http://www.softel.com.pl/~kattka/gal...s/photo44.html

Regards, Barbara.
--
http://tabaza.sapijaszko.net/

Old 06-02-2006, 06:50 AM posted to uk.rec.gardening
madgardener

"Basia Kulesz" wrote in message
It is Tanacetum coccineum, double, and I'd like to know the variety.
Google
brings very few photos, so this is a very desperate plea for help
really:-)

http://www.softel.com.pl/~kattka/gal...s/photo44.html

Regards, Barbara.
--
http://tabaza.sapijaszko.net/

what you have a picture of is either 'Wirral Pride' or 'Fluffy', members of
the Chrysanthemum x superbum variety, (also known as Leucanthemum superbum)
or Shasta daisies

hope this helps!
madgardener up on the ridge, back in Fairy Holler overlooking English
Mountain in Eastern Tennessee

Old 06-02-2006, 09:30 AM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Basia Kulesz

Użytkownik "madgardener" napisał w wiadomo¶ci

"Basia Kulesz" wrote in message
It is Tanacetum coccineum, double, and I'd like to know the variety.

http://www.softel.com.pl/~kattka/gal...s/photo44.html

what you have a picture of is either 'Wirral Pride' or 'Fluffy', members

of
the Chrysanthemum x superbum variety, (also known as Leucanthemum

superbum)
or Shasta daisies

No. The leaves are different and shasta daisies are white. This _is_ one
hundred percent persian daisy
Regards, Barbara.

--
http://tabaza.sapijaszko.net/

Old 06-02-2006, 11:09 AM posted to uk.rec.gardening
La Puce

Basia Kulesz wrote:
No. The leaves are different and shasta daisies are white. This _is_ one
hundred percent persian daisy

But the flower on the picture *is* white. I cannot find info on persian
daisy. Some Chrysanthemums look similar to the daisy, with white petals
and a yellow center. What is the other word you have for persian daisy?

Old 06-02-2006, 01:17 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Basia Kulesz

Uzytkownik "La Puce" napisal w wiadomosci
oups.com...

Basia Kulesz wrote:
No. The leaves are different and shasta daisies are white. This _is_ one
hundred percent persian daisy

But the flower on the picture *is* white. I cannot find info on persian
daisy. Some Chrysanthemums look similar to the daisy, with white petals
and a yellow center. What is the other word you have for persian daisy?

Well, here is another photo of the same plant,
http://www.softel.com.pl/~kattka/Tan...os/photo2.html, the flower is
not white, it is off-white, slightly pink (shell-pink?). As I have written
in my original post, it is Tanacetum coccineum, aka Chrysanthemum coccineum,
aka Pyrethrum roseum, aka persian daisy, aka painted daisy etc. etc. And
I've done Google search, there are at least 7 varieties with pink double
flowers and no photos at all:-(. Please help!

Regards, Barbara.

--
http://tabaza.sapijaszko.net/

Old 06-02-2006, 03:06 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Janet Baraclough

The message
from "Basia Kulesz" contains these words:

Well, here is another photo of the same plant,
http://www.softel.com.pl/~kattka/Tan...os/photo2.html, the flower is
not white, it is off-white, slightly pink (shell-pink?). As I have written
in my original post, it is Tanacetum coccineum, aka Chrysanthemum coccineum,
aka Pyrethrum roseum, aka persian daisy, aka painted daisy etc. etc. And
I've done Google search, there are at least 7 varieties with pink double
flowers and no photos at all:-(. Please help!

Run Pyrethrum roseum, through google images search and you'll see
you can cross it off the list of possibilities. Your picture doesn't
match the google-image results. I haven't bothered checking the other
names you give.

Janet
Old 06-02-2006, 04:11 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Sacha

On 6/2/06 15:06, in article , "Janet
Baraclough" wrote:

The message
from "Basia Kulesz" contains these words:

Well, here is another photo of the same plant,
http://www.softel.com.pl/~kattka/Tan...os/photo2.html, the flower is
not white, it is off-white, slightly pink (shell-pink?). As I have written
in my original post, it is Tanacetum coccineum, aka Chrysanthemum coccineum,
aka Pyrethrum roseum, aka persian daisy, aka painted daisy etc. etc. And
I've done Google search, there are at least 7 varieties with pink double
flowers and no photos at all:-(. Please help!

Run Pyrethrum roseum, through google images search and you'll see
you can cross it off the list of possibilities. Your picture doesn't
match the google-image results. I haven't bothered checking the other
names you give.

Could be an Argyranthemum?
--

Sacha