Old 20-02-2006, 11:56 AM posted to uk.rec.gardening
David WE Roberts

Default Halls Greenhouse - replacement for broken glass

Hi,

I have moved into a house with a Halls greenhouse where quite a few of the
panes of glass are broken.

I will need some of the 'S' clips which link the panes vertically - are
these a standard item or a speciality of Halls?
Likewise the 'W' spring clips which hold the glass to the frame.

Do I just go to a local glass company and buy more horticultural glass, or
is there a cost effective alternative e.g. plastic.

TIA

Dave R
Old 20-02-2006, 12:00 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Des Higgins

"David WE Roberts" wrote in message
news
Hi,

I have moved into a house with a Halls greenhouse where quite a few of the
panes of glass are broken.

I will need some of the 'S' clips which link the panes vertically - are
these a standard item or a speciality of Halls?
Likewise the 'W' spring clips which hold the glass to the frame.

Both of those seem to be standard. Every greenhouse I have seen seems to
have them. In Ireland, you can order them on-line from greenhouse supply
companies. I am sure you can get them easily in UK.

Do I just go to a local glass company and buy more horticultural glass, or
is there a cost effective alternative e.g. plastic.

The panes normally come in standard sizes. Whether they do or not any glass
company will cut them to size and it is fairly cheap.

TIA

Dave R

Old 20-02-2006, 12:54 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
James Fidell

David WE Roberts wrote:
Hi,

I have moved into a house with a Halls greenhouse where quite a few of the
panes of glass are broken.

I will need some of the 'S' clips which link the panes vertically - are
these a standard item or a speciality of Halls?
Likewise the 'W' spring clips which hold the glass to the frame.

A local garden centre should stock them. B&Q used to, but I don't know
if they still do.

Do I just go to a local glass company and buy more horticultural glass, or
is there a cost effective alternative e.g. plastic.

AFAIR the three options when I was recently looking at buying a new
greenhouse were horticultural glass, acrylic or toughened glass. The
first seemed by far the cheapest option.

James

Old 20-02-2006, 04:14 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
glyn

The s & w clips are standard and usually be found in recognised garden
centers

Glass is by way the cheapest and better option

Glyn

Old 11-03-2011, 11:29 AM
Registered User

Smile

hay,

thanks for the awsers they are realy usful as i have the same problem.

could you give a ruff price 4 the glass panels and do you have any advise on buying them and/or putting them on as iv never done anything like this before

any help would be a BIG help.