Old 22-02-2006, 08:52 AM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Rupert

Default Mea culpa!

"Rusty Hinge 2" wrote in message
k...
The message
from Sacha contains these words:

LOL! 2 tiny cottages are for sale in this area - one right now and one
coming up! The smallest is very small, with its largest bedroom being
12'x8' and it needs everything doing to it. It's guide price is £195,000
and they've had more than six offers over that! OTOH, to make you feel
better, it's just snowed without any warning at all - vicious flurry of
snow
for about 3 minutes and now it's stopped, though the sky is still leaden.
keen gardener like you would be a very welcome neighbour, I'm sure - the
Nursery would be thrilled to see you! ;-))

*HOW* much? How are the local youngsters going to get onto the bottom
rung even of the housing ladder?

--
Rusty
Separator in search of a sig

It's never been easier to buy a house for anyone
Very low interest rates/40 year mortgages/ interest only payments/100%
mortgage.
The market always adjusts to supply/demand and that is still driven by first
time buyers.
If you want a house with a big *garden*you may pay a premium (on top)

Old 22-02-2006, 04:37 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Rusty Hinge 2

The message
from "Rupert" contains these words:

It's never been easier to buy a house for anyone
Very low interest rates/40 year mortgages/ interest only payments/100%
mortgage.
The market always adjusts to supply/demand and that is still driven by
first
time buyers.
If you want a house with a big *garden*you may pay a premium (on top)

There's a house not five miles away which has the *GARDEN* on top -
well, some of it, anyway.

And even I have something a little in that line.

http://www.users.zetnet.co.uk/hi-fi/temp/garden.html

--
Rusty
Separator in search of a sig
Old 23-02-2006, 10:10 AM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Janet Tweedy

In article , Rupert
writes

If you want a house with a big *garden*you may pay a premium (on top)

Huh don't you believe it! Around here (Amersham) people seem to want a
huge great house with as many bathrooms as bedrooms but no garden
whatsoever.
I have only about 180 foot but even so visitors exclaim in alarm, "my
god, look how big your garden is, it must be a lot of work"
hence the ease at which developers acquire garden sites on which to put
two or three more clumping great houses.

Janet
--
Janet Tweedy
Dalmatian Telegraph
Old 21-02-2006, 09:22 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Rusty Hinge 2

The message
from "Rupert" contains these words:
"Sacha" wrote in message
id...

Having said merrily that our Akebia quinata is in flower now, I have to
retract speedily. Growing up the same pillar is a Clematis nepalensis
whose
stamens are the same colour as the Akebia flowers. Dashing past it the
other day, I thought "Oh, the Akebia is flowering", having glanced
all-too-hastily at the Clematis nepalensis stamens in my rush. Sorry for
misleading Rupert and giving him the vapours!
OTOH, I must heartily recommend the C.nepalensis which is delicately
beautiful and best of all, perhaps, flowering now!

God that's a relief. Unfortunately I have just spent the last six hours
looking for property in your area:-) Job cancelled I will stick with
Yorkshire and you will not have the problem ( pleasure) of having me as a
neighbour

Hatches cunning plan: Next-door neighbours' house is for sale. Lifts
photo of planter and of Akebia quinata in full bloom from catalogue and
photograph neighbour's garden, making sure the snowdrops and winter
aconites show, in front of the leafless poplars at the end.

Do a bit of snazzy cloning, send you the resulting pic and we'll have
you buying next-door's place. Then I can provide you with all the Ransom
seeds you could possibly want innit.

--
Rusty
Separator in search of a sig