Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 23-02-2006, 11:05 AM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Sally Thompson

Default OT; Indian Runner duck sought

Sorry for the OT post, but having peeped into sci.agriculture.poultry I was
so appalled at the racist threads there (in a poultry group?) that I thought
I'd ask this among friends, knowing many of you keep poultry:-)

My brother had two Indian Runners, and the fox took his female. Donald (the
drake, not my brother) is busy making a nest and looking hopefully for a
passing duck to fly by. My brother is very anxious to buy an adult female
Indian Runner, and is keen to sort it out soon, partly for Donald's sake and
partly before any restrictions might come in. He lives near Bristol but is
quite prepared to travel, but is having trouble tracking down someone
prepared to part with one.

I think he is working his way through the Indian Runner Association, or some
such. Do any of you either have any ducks or know of anyone he might
approach?

Back on topic - it's snowing here, only just above freezing, so no gardening
to be done today. And I thought it was nearly spring too!

--
Sally in Shropshire, UK
http://www.whitton-stmarys.org.uk