Old 27-02-2006, 08:48 AM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Richard Brooks

Default [Gardening] Blocking posts.

The one thing that is common to a block is the posting host. This
changes as they get chucked off but at least it's consistent for blocks
of posts.

Latest block.

So if OE can search the header for that and block it then all will be
well until the scrote gets kicked off from the ISP.

Richard.

--
"Usenet is like a herd of performing elephants with diarrhea --
massive, difficult to redirect, awe-inspiring, entertaining, and a
Old 27-02-2006, 05:50 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Rupert

"Martin" wrote in message
On Mon, 27 Feb 2006 08:48:21 +0000 (UTC), Richard Brooks
wrote:

The one thing that is common to a block is the posting host. This
changes as they get chucked off but at least it's consistent for blocks
of posts.

Latest block.

So if OE can search the header for that and block it then all will be
well until the scrote gets kicked off from the ISP.

If OE can it is better than Forte Agent which can't.
--
Martin

No afraid not O/E won't do that.

Old 27-02-2006, 11:01 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Richard Brooks

wrote:

The one thing that is common to a block is the posting host. This
changes as they get chucked off but at least it's consistent for blocks
of posts.

Latest block.

So if OE can search the header for that and block it then all will be
well until the scrote gets kicked off from the ISP.

If OE can it is better than Forte Agent which can't.
--
Martin

No afraid not O/E won't do that.

I thought it could search through the body text whereas Thunderbird,
which I'm using is not extensive enough!

Don't you just hate it when, as you type something you realise that your
ISP has a better spam block filtering system ?

Richard.

Old 28-02-2006, 12:04 AM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Rupert

"Richard Brooks" wrote in message

wrote:

The one thing that is common to a block is the posting host. This
changes as they get chucked off but at least it's consistent for blocks
of posts.

Latest block.

So if OE can search the header for that and block it then all will be
well until the scrote gets kicked off from the ISP.

If OE can it is better than Forte Agent which can't.
--
Martin

No afraid not O/E won't do that.

I thought it could search through the body text whereas Thunderbird, which
I'm using is not extensive enough!

I don't think it can do that but I stand to be corrected.

Don't you just hate it when, as you type something you realise that your
ISP has a better spam block filtering system ?

If only my isp had something that was useful. Shame that programmes like
Mailwasher won't do newsgroups as well

Richard.

bio filter blocking steiny Ponds 2 17-07-2008 05:49 AM
Blocking senders Galen Hekhuis Ponds 43 28-12-2006 02:24 AM
shrinking tree roots blocking drainage pipe ? gentlegreen United Kingdom 7 24-11-2006 11:04 AM
school sci experiment- blocking leaf pores- lucy Plant Science 2 26-04-2003 01:30 PM
school sci experiment- blocking leaf pores- lucy Plant Science 2 19-02-2003 08:59 AM