Old 05-03-2006, 09:06 AM posted to uk.rec.gardening
NC

Default a new lawn - now what ??

I had a new lawn laid about 3.5 weeks ago in the garden of my new build.
Before it was laid, I coovered the soil in a good amount of organic
compost soil improver (from the local council).
The grass looks good, but what I shoudl be doing to ake sure it roots
well ?? I live in Suffolk, we've had a medium amount of rain recently,
and the same frosts as everyone else.
However, there are lots of lines between the rolls, and some of these
are starting to look a bit 'grey'.
My neighbour has suggested that I brush in a load more compost (or I can
get well rotted cardboard based horse manure from a local farmer). is
this a good idea ?? I have not watered the grass at all - has this been
a big mistake ?? Should I sprinkle some grass seed into the gaps between
the rolls when/if I put more compost on top ??

(as you can see - lots of questions ! Any help much appreciated...)