Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 06-03-2006, 03:47 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Gardening_Convert

Default Making a living running a nursary or farm etc

All,

I am interested in getting out of the IT corporate rat race that
I'm currently up to my neck in and doing something completely life
changing

As my username suggested I have become a Gardening convert so much so
that I have a desire to make a living out of it and get out of the
office and away from the PC and corporate S**t that I have to deal with
on a daily basis.

The main problem is that I do earn a pretty good wage in IT and that
has to currently support my wife, 2 children and the Cat.

Is there really a living to be made in horticulture or am I stuck with
the IT corporate hell that I suffer at the moment.

I'd rather shovel S**t for the flowers , fruit and veg where it does
some good rather than shovel it at work !!

Would I need to re-train or could I jump straight into something ?

I would look to move away from Berkshire going further south , is there
any particular areas that would be advantageous for this sort of move ?