Old 12-03-2006, 10:05 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
GH

Default phytophtora

I bought some plants (strawberry plants) from a local plant shop and
they look at least 2 years old (plenty of small leaves - 8 to 10- all
in a clump; the leaves are ALL about 1,5 cm long). They seem a bit
strange compared to the other strawberry plants bought from another
supplier, in that they do not have any big or at least bigger leaves -
only baby leaves. I am puzzled... One or two leaves seem to turn yellow
periodically and new ones appear.
Has anyone had phytophtora? I was afraid it might be this, as it is a
fungus that can not be eradicated from the soil (and the symptoms seem
tyo match description).
Can anyone recognize the symptoms? The plants may have been in plenty
of water for 2 months and watered from the top - there are traces of
old water spots on the leaves.
They are "Gento" and producer descriptions show they are sensitive to
oidium. Nothing about phytophtora or other fungus though.

Old 13-03-2006, 06:58 AM posted to uk.rec.gardening
GH

They also have black spots appearing on the yellow leaves and the
flowers are drying up and the fruits that now have 1cm have started
showing black spots and become distorted...My flowers seem to have
gotten it too. Some started wilthering and getting black spots. As I
have touched them after touching the sick plants.
The perspective of having to throw everything away is hell. I had some
of those plants for years... Sad moment.