Old 07-04-2003, 05:56 PM
Steve Harris

Default Bonfire resistant hedge

I wish to screen my garden bonfire area from view. My bonfires are quite
modest but I'd like to select plants resistant to the occasional flare
up or which would recover fairly well?

Thanks!

Old 07-04-2003, 09:20 PM
Michael Berridge

bnd777 wrote in message ...
Privet or Laurel
Definitely not Conifers ,.........the dead centre sections would go up

like
an inferno

Yes, my privet has survived a few attacks from bonfires, some of the
branch dies but it soon recovers.

Mike
www.british-naturism.org.uk

Old 08-04-2003, 01:32 AM
Hussein M.

On Mon, 7 Apr 2003 18:43:27 +0000 (UTC), "bnd777"
wrote:

Privet or Laurel
Definitely not Conifers ,.........the dead centre sections would go up like
an inferno

Heh heh. At my "little" school they had hedging which somehow got
linked to the name macracarpa ..... is there such a plant? Resinous
and conifery and, yep quite extensive tinder dry patches.

It didn't need a bonfire - just one wicked boy with a match!

Huss

Grow a little garden

spam block - for real addy, reverse letters of second level domain.
Old 13-04-2003, 09:56 PM
Pete The Gardener

On Tue, 08 Apr 2003 01:22:22 +0100, Hussein M.
wrote:
Heh heh. At my "little" school they had hedging which somehow got
linked to the name macracarpa ..... is there such a plant? Resinous
and conifery and, yep quite extensive tinder dry patches.

It didn't need a bonfire - just one wicked boy with a match!

Cupressus macrocarpa? It's one of the parents of Leylandii, so some
would no doubt think that justice;-)

--
Pete The Gardener
A room without books is like a body without a soul.