Old 19-03-2006, 10:39 AM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Sacha

Default OT Very welcome advice, thank you!

Many thanks to all those who replied on group and who emailed me.
People have been just so helpful, it's terrific. I think I'll look
into the NIN service - haven't done so yet, but it does seem to get the
strongest endorsements. And as someone has said here and to me in
email, dropping the free services seems to be the way ISPs are going,
understandably, I suppose. In answer to whoever asked why I don't just
use Google, I simply don't like it, I'm afraid. To me, it very
cumbersome in comparison with Entourage (the Mac version of OE, which I
use at present) However, my only caution with regard to NIN is being
sure there are no hazards involved in using it with Tiger which I hope
to get loaded onto my Mac next month some time.
And also, thanks to those who raised the subject of our email address
becoming info@ etc. etc. Cormaic and David Poole designed our web
site, with Cormaic taking over from David and now managing it for us,
so I'll drop him an email about all that, along with some new photos!
Very many thanks again to everyone for being so helpful.
--
Sacha
www.hillhousenursery.co.uk

Old 19-03-2006, 10:54 AM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Sally Thompson

On Sun, 19 Mar 2006 10:39:32 +0000, Sacha wrote
(in article . com):

Many thanks to all those who replied on group and who emailed me.
People have been just so helpful, it's terrific. I think I'll look
into the NIN service - haven't done so yet, but it does seem to get the
strongest endorsements. And as someone has said here and to me in
email, dropping the free services seems to be the way ISPs are going,
understandably, I suppose. In answer to whoever asked why I don't just
use Google, I simply don't like it, I'm afraid. To me, it very
cumbersome in comparison with Entourage (the Mac version of OE, which I
use at present) However, my only caution with regard to NIN is being
sure there are no hazards involved in using it with Tiger which I hope
to get loaded onto my Mac next month some time.

No problems whatsoever using it with Tiger:-)
(iMac G5 OS X with Tiger, using NIN).

--
Sally in Shropshire, UK
http://www.whitton-stmarys.org.uk

Old 19-03-2006, 11:19 AM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Sacha

Thanks for the reassurance, Sally - just what I wanted to hear!
--

Sacha
www.hillhousenursery.co.uk