Old 27-03-2006, 06:16 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Space

Default La Puce

my pressure washer arrived last week. do you know i didn't realise that the
pavings slabs were supposed to be grey and not black(!!). so far i have
cleaned half of them over the past two days.

it's fab. i've had a quick go at the decking and the green stuff is
starting to come away.

Old 27-03-2006, 07:23 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

Space wrote:
my pressure washer arrived last week. do you know i didn't realise that the
pavings slabs were supposed to be grey and not black(!!). so far i have
cleaned half of them over the past two days.

it's fab. i've had a quick go at the decking and the green stuff is
starting to come away.

Becareful that your concrete is good or you end up washing it away.

Old 27-03-2006, 09:57 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Space

"Janet Baraclough" wrote in message
The message
from "Space" contains these words:

my pressure washer arrived last week. do you know i didn't realise that

the
pavings slabs were supposed to be grey and not black(!!). so far i have
cleaned half of them over the past two days.

When we had a paving expert here, iirc he commented that some
coloured ones are only surface- dyed , and that powerwashers are liable
to remove the top surface.

www.pavingexpert.com.

Janet

good point, but surface dye removed has to be better than the way they were.
they really were that bad. as i aimed the pressure washer at the slabs i
could write in the dirt with the water.

the plan is to replace the slabs in about 12 months time. so for now it'll
do

Old 27-03-2006, 10:04 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Phil L

Janet Baraclough wrote:
The message
from "Space" contains these words:

my pressure washer arrived last week. do you know i didn't realise
that the pavings slabs were supposed to be grey and not black(!!).
so far i have cleaned half of them over the past two days.

When we had a paving expert here, iirc he commented that some
coloured ones are only surface- dyed , and that powerwashers are
liable to remove the top surface.

www.pavingexpert.com.

The surface-dyed ones that I've used aren't dyed after manufacture but
during, and the surface colour is about a quarter of the flag's depth,
usually about 8mm....I doubt that any pressure washer could remove 8mm of
pressed concrete, and if there is a pressure washer around that could do
this, I'd hate to think what it could do to a car, especially mine which is
only held together with rust and string.

That said, I don't agree with PW'ing paving anyway (I lay it for a living)
given that it removes the 'grout' whether that be a cement mix or silica
sand, and allows the dreaded dandelions in, closely followed by swarms of
ants and other mining insects.

A fairly strong alkali solution will clean most paved / concrete / wooden
surfaces, and in a lot less time than a PW.

Old 27-03-2006, 10:05 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Trevor

"Space" wrote in message
my pressure washer arrived last week. do you know i didn't realise that
the
pavings slabs were supposed to be grey and not black(!!). so far i have
cleaned half of them over the past two days.

it's fab. i've had a quick go at the decking and the green stuff is
starting to come away.

What's that got to do with Helene I don't follow?

Old 27-03-2006, 10:18 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Space

"Trevor" wrote in message

"Space" wrote in message
my pressure washer arrived last week. do you know i didn't realise that
the
pavings slabs were supposed to be grey and not black(!!). so far i have
cleaned half of them over the past two days.

it's fab. i've had a quick go at the decking and the green stuff is
starting to come away.

What's that got to do with Helene I don't follow?

if Helene is La Puce - a previous conversation