Old 03-04-2006, 10:44 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Pam Moore

Default Judas tree

Somebody was asking about Judas trees but I've inadvertently deleted
the query.
I have one which I grew from a seed, 15 - 20 years ago. It has been in
the ground from when it was about 12 inches high. It is in an open,
east facing front garden, in clayish soil which dries out in summer.
It's height is above the top of my house walls, and it has been
heavily pruned twice. Early last year it was almost pollarded. The
growths it put on during last summer were as much as 6 feet in length.
It had 4 trunks but one has been taken out. It is getting too big for
its space, so beware where you plant one, but in flower it is
beautiful. They do tend to form multiple trunks nd spread out, so
need a fair amount of space.

Pam in Bristol