Old 12-04-2006, 10:27 AM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Gardening_Convert

Default growing thyme from seed

As my thymes appear to have fallen foul of Mr J Frost I intend in
growing some from seed.

Can someone tell me do I need to plant them in group such as Parsley to
get a nice thyme or does each seed produce a full Thyme plant .

Also will they grow sufficiently to use this year or would I not be
able to use them until next year ?

Old 12-04-2006, 11:19 AM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Nick Maclaren

In article . com,
"Gardening_Convert" writes:
| As my thymes appear to have fallen foul of Mr J Frost I intend in
| growing some from seed.
|
| Can someone tell me do I need to plant them in group such as Parsley to
| get a nice thyme or does each seed produce a full Thyme plant .

Each produces a plant.

| Also will they grow sufficiently to use this year or would I not be
| able to use them until next year ?

Marginal.

I recommend growing most in pots, anyway. You can then plant them out
as you wish.

Regards,
Nick Maclaren.