Old 15-04-2006, 03:41 PM
Registered User

Default digging up fruit tree's

Hi guys this is my first post and realy hope some one can help me, my mothers having an extension built but theres a 4ft cherry tree and a 5ft apple tree in the way, me and my bro want to dig them up and either move them or put them in big pots, whats the best way to dig them up and replant them without killing them ???

Thanks in advance &
Happy Easter

James
Old 15-04-2006, 11:00 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Christopher Norton

The message
from PileProfile contains these words:

--
PileProfile

They ar'nt too big yet so I would simply dig around them the size of the
crown of the tree. Get as much of the roots with soil as you can
sensibly get and put them in shade.

To properly collect them I could go on about how you do it for collected
bonsai but have you a couple of years to go at the situation or just a
one off move?