Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 18-04-2006, 09:31 AM posted to uk.rec.gardening
fourmations

Default tomato yield and cordon height

Dear all

I have no idea what yield to expect from my first tomato plants

I have planted 20 gardeners delight and 20 F1 inca (plum)
(which I expect will be excessive)

I dont really have a problem with having a massive yield
as I oven dry and freeze toms, and make buckets of pasta/pizza sauces
and I can always supply friends and family with the excess
I suppose its where to put them (no greenhouse)
I would have the room for a loads of those growbag size plastic growhouses

anyway next question,

I got a plastic growhouse in Lidl but its not that tall (about 3.5 foot)
Do the plants have to be a certain height?

many thanks in advance

niall