Old 21-04-2006, 01:31 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
David W.E. Roberts

Default FloralDays - ouch!

Hi,

http://www.floraldays.co.uk

Good and bad(ish) news today.

Floral Days do box bedding, and even print the name of the retailer on the
label along with the price.

I found a local plant place out in the country which sells Nicotiana (see
of the full size ones in.

I bought two trays of 6 mixed Nicotiana at £2.95 per tray.

I went away happy, but within the hour had my happiness soured just a little
by passing a high stree pet food and plant shop which had the same boxes
from the same supplier but with the price of £1.99 printed on them.

Ho hum.

I don't really grudge them the extra £0.96 per tray, as they carry a much
wider variety of pants than the sheds, but somehow I expected a poly tunnel
in the country to be cheaper than a high rate/rent high street shop.

Every day you learn something new :-)

Cheers

Dave R

P.S. you kind of expect something with a price printed on the label to be a
R.R.P. - hats off to their commercial acumen in printing the retailer name
and price on the trays.

Ouch Dave Texas 0 20-09-2007 03:53 AM
Ouch that hurt, Bee stings Ben Gardening 4 15-10-2005 11:47 PM
Help I Lost ("OUCH!" ~Fred Hall) Birthday suit Larry Ponds 0 01-04-2005 11:00 PM
Sandburs... Ouch ! Bobbo Texas 7 18-02-2004 04:05 AM
Ouch !!!! Lotus has thorns claude rogers Ponds 15 09-08-2003 02:37 PM