Old 25-04-2006, 07:16 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
kimby

Default Cats again and lack of grass!

Hi,

Thanks to everyone who replied on the cat topic. I like the idea of
having some kitty slippers! The suggestion that it could be a fox is
interesting as we know there are some near by. Our back garden leads to
a river and we have seen them at the other side of the bank closely
watching the swans. The same swans took a dislike to my husband as he
got too near them on the bank, those things can hiss loud!

Thanks to the advice given by Mike Lyle to Tom and Barbara I have
followed the URL link he provided and put this in my browser.

I also have another problem. There were, sorry, there are still bald
patches in the grass in the back garden due to the removal of various
garden toys from the last occupants. We bought top soil and seed,
followed the instructions on the seed box and waited. Then waited some
more. Nearly four weeks later there is still no sign of anything
growing. The packet told us not to cover the seed over with soil (so we
havent) and press it down into the soil, we put a net over it and we
have watered when it has looked dry.

It has given the family ammunition for lots of jokes about watching
grass grow and the cat next door seems to enjoy rolling on the net
covering it when he gets the chance.

Have we done something obviously wrong?

Many thanks again!

P.S. I was only joking about the kitty slippers