Old 25-04-2006, 10:21 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
adm

Default Plant ID please ?

Please could anyone tell me what these plants are from the photos at the
link below ? ( 2 plants, 4 photos)

http://adm.smugmug.com/gallery/1401195

They appear to be healthy and are growing in a bed by my front door, but I
don't know if they are weeds or flowers.

I want to put some other plants in there and would like to know if I should
keep these, or rip them out.

Any ideas ?

Old 25-04-2006, 10:43 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Rupert \(W.Yorkshire\)

"adm" wrote in message
Please could anyone tell me what these plants are from the photos at the
link below ? ( 2 plants, 4 photos)

http://adm.smugmug.com/gallery/1401195

They appear to be healthy and are growing in a bed by my front door, but I
don't know if they are weeds or flowers.

I want to put some other plants in there and would like to know if I
should keep these, or rip them out.

Any ideas ?

The second plant is Aquilegia (3 pics)
The first plant -don't know -perhaps a form of Erigeron or wallflower or
Euphorbia. Someone else will recognise it.

Old 25-04-2006, 10:56 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Sue

"Rupert (W.Yorkshire)" wrote
The second plant is Aquilegia (3 pics)
The first plant -don't know -perhaps a form of Erigeron or wallflower
or Euphorbia. Someone else will recognise it.

Agree Aquilegia for 2,3,& 4; it's just about to shoot up to flower so
don't rip it out just yet.

I thought maybe a wallflower too for the first one.

--
Sue

Old 25-04-2006, 11:22 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
tom&barbara

I also agree that the second one is Aquilegia and the first one looks
like wallflower. I have some growing through the tarmac outside my
front door. The Aquilegia is really pretty when out but it can invade
your garden a bit because it seems to self seed like Vicky Pollard! I
now have them absolutely everywhere growing in my garden - but that's
okay because I love them.

Old 26-04-2006, 08:50 AM posted to uk.rec.gardening
adm

"tom&barbara" wrote in message
oups.com...
I also agree that the second one is Aquilegia and the first one looks
like wallflower. I have some growing through the tarmac outside my
front door. The Aquilegia is really pretty when out but it can invade
your garden a bit because it seems to self seed like Vicky Pollard! I
now have them absolutely everywhere growing in my garden - but that's
okay because I love them.

Thanks all,

I have a large garden that I moved into late last summer, so now I have no
idea what all the plants that are sprouting up here are.....if it's OK, I'll
be posting more of these ID requests over the next few weeks !

Cheers,

Al

Old 26-04-2006, 10:55 AM posted to uk.rec.gardening
La Puce

adm wrote:
I have a large garden that I moved into late last summer, so now I have no
idea what all the plants that are sprouting up here are.....if it's OK, I'll
be posting more of these ID requests over the next few weeks !

Great! I just love them )

Old 26-04-2006, 12:50 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Derek Turner

adm wrote:

Thanks all,

I have a large garden that I moved into late last summer, so now I have no
idea what all the plants that are sprouting up here are.....if it's OK, I'll
be posting more of these ID requests over the next few weeks !

Then you should know the technical term for this type of post: it's a
'Worrisit?' :-)
Old 26-04-2006, 01:44 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
adm

"Derek Turner" wrote in message
adm wrote:

Thanks all,

I have a large garden that I moved into late last summer, so now I have
no idea what all the plants that are sprouting up here are.....if it's
OK, I'll be posting more of these ID requests over the next few weeks !

Then you should know the technical term for this type of post: it's a
'Worrisit?' :-)

Ah - will mark all future posts as such then....!

(Similar to Wuffo posts on the paragliding groups then - "wuffo that bit
there then ?", "wuffo you do that ?")

Old 26-04-2006, 01:53 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Sue

"adm" wrote
"Derek Turner" wrote
Then you should know the technical term for this type of post: it's a
'Worrisit?' :-)

Ah - will mark all future posts as such then....!

(Similar to Wuffo posts on the paragliding groups then - "wuffo that
bit there then ?", "wuffo you do that ?")

Oi, you two - it's already hard enough decyphering Rusty's shed lingo
sometimes! ;-)

--
Sue

Old 26-04-2006, 01:58 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
La Puce

Sue wrote:
Oi, you two - it's already hard enough decyphering Rusty's shed lingo
sometimes! ;-)

Rusty?! Where?!

Old 26-04-2006, 02:10 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Rupert \(W.Yorkshire\)

"La Puce" wrote in message
oups.com...

Sue wrote:
Oi, you two - it's already hard enough decyphering Rusty's shed lingo
sometimes! ;-)

Rusty?! Where?!

Uk.rec.sheds has a thread about Rusty "Where's Rusty". It explains all I
think

Old 26-04-2006, 02:51 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
La Puce

Rupert (W.Yorkshire) wrote:
Uk.rec.sheds has a thread about Rusty "Where's Rusty". It explains all I
think

Thank you my kind man. So many worried souls! But our Rusty's ok.

Old 28-04-2006, 07:19 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

tom&barbara writes
I also agree that the second one is Aquilegia and the first one looks
like wallflower. I have some growing through the tarmac outside my
front door. The Aquilegia is really pretty when out but it can invade
your garden a bit because it seems to self seed like Vicky Pollard! I
now have them absolutely everywhere growing in my garden - but that's
okay because I love them.

Depends on the scale. It could be Linaria.
--
Kay