Old 30-04-2006, 08:45 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

Default Runner Beans and Rat Bait

Last October as a last resort I placed some rat pellets (difenacoum)
approximately 125gms in total down by the side of my garage. This area is
always used for Summer flowers.

Recently a relative who didn't know what I had done has erected Runner bean
canes along the garage but not yet planted the beans.

I have since owned up to laying the bait but my question is will it ever be
possible to plant food plants in this area.

Thanks.

MC

Old 30-04-2006, 09:28 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
scrambled egg

On Sun, 30 Apr 2006 20:45:53 +0100, "M" [email protected] wrote:

Last October as a last resort I placed some rat pellets (difenacoum)
approximately 125gms in total down by the side of my garage. This area is
always used for Summer flowers.

Recently a relative who didn't know what I had done has erected Runner bean
canes along the garage but not yet planted the beans.

I have since owned up to laying the bait but my question is will it ever be
possible to plant food plants in this area.

Thanks.

MC

2.3 Environmental Transport, Distribution, and Transformation

Difenacoum does not enter the atmosphere, because of its low
volatility. It is practically insoluble in water. Difenacoum is
bound
to soil particles and is not taken up by plants. The rate of
degradation is relatively slow and depends on soil type. Residues
in
crops have never been detected in field studies.

from http://www.inchem.org/documents/hsg/hsg/hsg095.htm

( Published by the World Health Organization for the International
Programme on Chemical Safety (a collaborative programme of the
United
Nations Environment Programme, the International Labour
Organisation,
and the World Health Organization)
)

Runner beans, wot beans ?? AriesVal[_11_] United Kingdom 17 18-07-2011 11:38 AM
Runner Beans ... on and on and on and ..... 'Mike'[_4_] United Kingdom 17 07-09-2009 08:50 AM
rat bait ken United Kingdom 19 22-04-2005 07:31 AM
Runner Beans - No Beans ! Mike United Kingdom 10 02-09-2004 04:17 PM
Runner Beans, lots of flowers but no beans X United Kingdom 6 19-06-2003 09:32 AM