Old 06-05-2006, 11:56 AM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Richard Phillips

Default Bulb Identification

Hello,

Can anyone ID this for me:

http://homepage.ntlworld.com/raphillips/temp/3.JPG

It seems to have stowed away during a mass planting of Daff bulbs last year!

Cheers,
Richard.

Old 06-05-2006, 01:53 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

Richard Phillips writes
Hello,

Can anyone ID this for me:

http://homepage.ntlworld.com/raphillips/temp/3.JPG

It seems to have stowed away during a mass planting of Daff bulbs last year!

Looks like a Spanish bluebell (or a hybrid)

I say spanish rather than english because the stems are relatively stiff
- they'd droop more at the top if english - and the flowers are gently
flaring bells rather than arrow bells just flaring at the tip. English
bluebells are a darker blue than spanish, have narrower leaves, and are
scented. Spanish bluebells have blue pollen.

For how to distinguish English, Spanish, hybrid, see

http://tinyurl.co.uk/7ari
--
Kay
Old 06-05-2006, 02:03 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Richard Phillips

"K" wrote in message
Richard Phillips writes
Hello,

Can anyone ID this for me:

http://homepage.ntlworld.com/raphillips/temp/3.JPG

It seems to have stowed away during a mass planting of Daff bulbs last
year!

Looks like a Spanish bluebell (or a hybrid)

I say spanish rather than english because the stems are relatively stiff -
they'd droop more at the top if english - and the flowers are gently
flaring bells rather than arrow bells just flaring at the tip. English
bluebells are a darker blue than spanish, have narrower leaves, and are
scented. Spanish bluebells have blue pollen.

For how to distinguish English, Spanish, hybrid, see

http://tinyurl.co.uk/7ari
--
Kay

Thanks Kay, I'll take a look at that link!

R.

Old 06-05-2006, 05:47 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Sue

Bluebells?

Sue Wood

--
Derby, England.

Don't try to email me using "REPLY" as the email address is NoSpam. Our
email address is "thewoodies2 at ntlworld dot com"