Old 15-05-2006, 04:40 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Flummoxed

Default Crown Imperial eaters?

We have some Crown Imperials that finished flowering, but since then
some creature or creatures unknown has literally stripped all the
leaves off the plants, leaving just the stems. We don't think it's lily
beetles, our first thought. Any ideas, folks? Other plants nearby are
unaffected.

Flummoxed

Old 15-05-2006, 06:05 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Rupert \(W.Yorkshire\)

"Flummoxed" wrote in message
oups.com...
We have some Crown Imperials that finished flowering, but since then
some creature or creatures unknown has literally stripped all the
leaves off the plants, leaving just the stems. We don't think it's lily
beetles, our first thought. Any ideas, folks? Other plants nearby are
unaffected.

Flummoxed

Why do you not think it's lily beetle?

Old 16-05-2006, 11:30 AM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Flummoxed

Only because we went round earlier picking the blighters off and
killing them (humanely of course), and we couldn't find any when we
noticed the foliage disappearing on these plants (we have various other
lily-type plants around the garden).

I guess it could be lily beetles that we missed, but I wondered it
anything else could have done it, so I can look out for them in future?

Flummoxed

Old 17-05-2006, 09:10 AM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Charlie Pridham

"Flummoxed" wrote in message
oups.com...
Only because we went round earlier picking the blighters off and
killing them (humanely of course), and we couldn't find any when we
noticed the foliage disappearing on these plants (we have various other
lily-type plants around the garden).

I guess it could be lily beetles that we missed, but I wondered it
anything else could have done it, so I can look out for them in future?

Flummoxed

You may have got the red adults but I bet they laid eggs before you got them
and its their grubs doing the munching.

--
Charlie, gardening in Cornwall.
http://www.roselandhouse.co.uk

Old 17-05-2006, 03:58 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Flummoxed

There's nothing left to munch now. I assume they've gone elsewhere to
continue their devastation.

Flummoxed