Old 19-05-2006, 01:03 PM
Registered User

Location: Genval, Belgium
Question Weird Growth

Hi Everyone

I have a beech hedge which is in it's third year now. Every year it demonstrates some weird growth on the leaves which nobody seems to be able to identify. I also get some persistent sticky white fly on the leaves which I spray but which are tough to get rid of. the growths don't seem to harm the hedge too much but it doesn't help it either. I'd appreciate any ideas about what it is and how to get rid of it and if there's any connection between it and the white fly. (I have been told not) I live in Belgium (so does the hedge) if that adds anything to the picture. Speaking of pictures there's one attached.

Thanks in advance
Attached Thumbnails
Weird Growth-weird-growth-2.jpg

Weird Stem - Weird Stem.JPG [01/01] Chris Savas Orchid Photos 0 20-09-2008 03:29 PM
weird growth on tomatoes and potatoes etc. Janet Tweedy United Kingdom 8 30-06-2008 09:01 AM
Weird growth Therefore United Kingdom 1 28-06-2008 10:55 PM
Weird rose growth. Emil Roses 1 20-04-2004 08:05 PM
Why good plant growth= bad algae growth [email protected] Freshwater Aquaria Plants 0 22-02-2004 03:38 AM