Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 23-05-2006, 09:04 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
doobydoobydo

Default Mealworms

Hi Sacha

I know you don't want to hear it, but yes it brings in the blackbirds and
robins. The blackbirds take beakfuls of them at once, I counted twenty one
time. The robins take them as well. But best of all at this time of the
year the male robin feeds the female, and the blackbirds feed their
fledgings. A robin actually took one from my hand. Can you really justify
your daughter of such a sight ; ).

The pet shop I bought mine at puts them in empty flora marg tubs, which I
keep in the fridge. When my daughter visits, I ask her to get the marg out
of the fridge for her sandwich and watch her scream, gets her every time.
Hehehehe

PS Sunflower hearts (hearts especially rather than whole ones) will attract
the blue tits, great tits, and green finches............maybe an
alternative.

"Sacha Hubbard" wrote in message
al.net...
Has anyone here experienced feeding mealworms to the birds in their
garden?
If so, do you think it has increased both the numbers and varieties
visiting
the garden?
--
Sacha
www.hillhousenursery.co.uk

Male Western Blue Bird with 5 mealworms Paddy's Pig[_4_] Garden Photos 1 08-05-2010 01:07 PM
Male Western Blue Bird with 3 mealworms Paddy's Pig[_4_] Garden Photos 0 08-05-2010 03:10 AM
Mealworms Sacha Hubbard United Kingdom 2 24-05-2006 10:31 PM
Mealworms shazzbat United Kingdom 0 23-05-2006 10:40 PM