Old 26-05-2006, 12:03 AM posted to uk.rec.gardening
UD

Default Chamomile lawn

I am growing a new chamomile lawn from seeds that were sown last autumn and
over-wintered in the greenhouse. The lawn is now growing very well and dense
with the plants all about 6" tall. The question is - should I trim it with
shears now or leave it alone?

I tried to send this to england.rec.gardening - but no response. Does anyone
use this newsgroup?

Thanks

Old 26-05-2006, 05:43 AM posted to uk.rec.gardening
JennyC

"UD" wrote in message
I am growing a new chamomile lawn from seeds that were sown last autumn and
over-wintered in the greenhouse. The lawn is now growing very well and
dense
with the plants all about 6" tall. The question is - should I trim it with
shears now or leave it alone?

I tried to send this to england.rec.gardening - but no response. Does
anyone use this newsgroup?
Thanks

No idea about the lawn Udo, but your post is on england.rec.gardening. The
group does not seem very active (maybe its new?). Most people seem to be
here :~))
Jenny

Old 26-05-2006, 10:30 AM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Jim

Udo,

how many plants did you grow and covering what area??

Link to something I saw when consdiering this:
http://www.gardenresources.co.uk/con...momilelawn.htm

Growing info states the following:
When they start to grow cut them back to 15cm to encourage growth. As a lawn
chamomile seldom needs cutting and is beautifully fragrant.

Jim

There is a solution!"

http://mail.spaminspector.com

Old 27-05-2006, 10:48 AM posted to uk.rec.gardening
UD

Thanks Jim, I planted 450 plants over about 5 square metres. They're nearly
a foot tall now, so looks like clippers it is then...
om...

Chamomile lawn UD United Kingdom 1 15-07-2009 05:12 PM
A Chamomile lawn? Michael Bell United Kingdom 6 22-02-2007 04:06 PM
chamomile lawn Dave Arthuro United Kingdom 2 25-04-2003 03:20 PM
Chamomile Lawn Natalie United Kingdom 3 07-04-2003 02:56 PM
chamomile lawn steve Snider United Kingdom 7 22-03-2003 11:29 AM