Old 29-05-2006, 02:02 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
notpastityet?

Default Day lillies

Whilst I am at it. I have dug up a giant clump of day Lilly this morning -
five /six feet diameter ( a bright orange double flower ,not the usual naff
single flower).

I am not particularly a lover day Lilly. This was totally in the wrong
place and I have put me a new greenhouse just behind it. The thing had to
go.

What size would be good to chop it up into for possible transplant?

Can I shove them in the garden now and will they keep going? How about
potting them as a temporary measure?
Currently it and a few satellites which came out separately are sitting
bare rooted ( or whatever) on the garden.

How do I ensure I kill anything left behind where it has come from?

Old 06-06-2006, 02:09 AM posted to uk.rec.gardening
sherm

good luck w/ killing what was left. i dug up like you did, then tossed
the scrapings into the field behind my house and by the next year had
two very mature daylily patches.
i was thinking of trying to clear out my one patch by mowing it right
after they bloom and then spraying them w/ round up a couple times until
they are dead for sure.

Day Lillies also Gordie Garden Photos 0 04-11-2007 01:21 PM
DAY LILLIES FOR EROSION CONTROL DaLadyN_Red Lawns 2 24-05-2006 12:55 AM
Plant Explorers FYI Rainy Day or Winter day joys William Wagner Gardening 0 04-09-2004 05:10 PM
hybrid water lillies jammer Ponds 1 16-02-2003 05:03 AM