Old 02-06-2006, 03:09 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Michael Crowe

Default Recent Postings on this newsgroup

were recommending various eating houses in urgler's areas.

I recoemmended The Chequers Inn at Rookley here on the Isle of Wight. Well
we have just been there again, this time with our Grandson and the place
gets better all the time :-))

So if any urglers are visiting the Island, pop in for a super meal. Plenty
of indoor and outdoor room and if you don't like children, don't worry,
there is so much room they get lost :-)) I counted 17 in the HUGE play area
they have :-))

Also, whilst plugging eating houses in our areas, again on the Isle of
Wight, try The Spyglass Inn on Ventnor Sea Front and the Bargeman's Rest on
the river's head at Newport. But NOT on a Tuesday. Newport is NOT the place
to be on a Tuesday.

OK I know it's all OT but to bring the gardening theme back, don't forget
the Ventnor Botanical Gardens at ........... Ventnor :-)) and if you are
thinking of your stomach there as well, try their home made cakes etc.

Oh, and you can buy plants :-))

And do pop in and see us :-)) Any excuse to put the kettle on :-))

Michael Crowe

www.rnshipmates.co.uk
International Festival of the Sea 28th June - 1st July 2007