Old 11-06-2006, 03:33 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Sacha

Default OT missing posts

Anyone else not getting all posts? In two or three threads lately I've
missed some of the posts.
--
Sacha
www.hillhousenursery.co.uk

Old 11-06-2006, 06:51 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Broadback

Sacha wrote:
Anyone else not getting all posts? In two or three threads lately I've
missed some of the posts.

How do you know if posts are missing Sacha? Maybe I am, maybe not how do
I know?
Old 11-06-2006, 10:45 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Janet Baraclough

The message
from Broadback contains these words:

Sacha wrote:
Anyone else not getting all posts? In two or three threads lately I've
missed some of the posts.

Mine seem normal.

How do you know if posts are missing Sacha? Maybe I am, maybe not how do
I know?

When you see someone quoting part of a post that you didn't see the
original of.

Janet

--
Isle of Arran Open Gardens weekend 21,22,23 July 2006
5 UKP three-day adult ticket (funds go to island charities) buys entry

Old 12-06-2006, 07:02 AM posted to uk.rec.gardening

Sacha wrote:
Anyone else not getting all posts? In two or three threads lately I've
missed some of the posts.

I am not sure that the propagation method of usenet is working properly
any more. I think that some ISPs don't take it seriously. I should
gather a small handful of examples, then go to google groups to find
the headers of the ones that are missing (original view)

The send the examples to your ISP and ask for an explanation.

Otherwise, try a couple of different feeds, such as some of the free
servers.

Old 12-06-2006, 08:20 AM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Rupert \(W.Yorkshire\)

"Sacha" wrote in message
Anyone else not getting all posts? In two or three threads lately I've
missed some of the posts.
--
Sacha
www.hillhousenursery.co.uk
South Devon
(email address on website)

You are not alone. I get the odd missing post which eventually shows up.
The News server(s) at my ISP runs out of synchronisation.

Old 12-06-2006, 01:04 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
madgardener

Sacha wrote:
Anyone else not getting all posts? In two or three threads lately I've
missed some of the posts.

I've taken to subscribing my newsgroups thru supernews. It costs me
$5.95 every month, but now for the FIRST time, I have ALL of
uk.rec.gardening posts....ALL of what's available of rec.gardens posts,
and ALL of the available alt.binaries.pictures.gardens posts (that are
still there, which are way more than what my provider, VIC was letting
thru.) That's just my opinion, I love supernews. Now if I could just
get used to Mozilla's Thunderbird program, figure out why my microsuck's
program's are screwing up and not allowing me to do simple things (I
can't even get my Canon digital program to allow me to download my
pictures into my Paint Shop Pro folders. I've had massive computer
problems these last two weeks that started out with Squire's computer
frying, which I am networked thru. Replaced the power supply which cost
me $107, then MY computer refused to recognize the ISDN modum, my hard
drive ran out of space, we installed a back up extra hard drive which
ALSO ran outa space, and on top of all that, when all my programs and
files were transferred to the new drive, they duplicated my digital
folders and files not once, but FOUR times! I've been in computer hell
now for two weeks. thank gods that I can at least USE my computer and
hook up to the internet now. All I have to do is wait another week for
Squire to return home from the road and figure out why I can't spell
check, can't highlight texts and copy or correct words.......find out
why I can't download my pictures into the folders like I could
before........arghhhhhhhhhhhh.

But try Supernews. it's really efficient. Hopefully I'll sit still for
a bit and write a much needed garden ramble. I missed you guys!
madgardener up on the ridge, back in Fairy Holler, overlooking a steamy,
sultry English Mountain in Eastern Tennessee where the temperatures have
hovered in the low 90's F!! (heat index makes it feel almost
100oF...........

Old 12-06-2006, 02:01 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Sacha

On 12/6/06 13:33, in article
,
" wrote:

Sacha wrote:
On 11/6/06 18:51, in article
, "Broadback"
wrote:

Sacha wrote:
Anyone else not getting all posts? In two or three threads lately I've
missed some of the posts.
How do you know if posts are missing Sacha? Maybe I am, maybe not how do
I know?

Because I see replies to originals that have not appeared on my screen.
--
Sacha
www.hillhousenursery.co.uk

That is completely uncalled for; just because I have a wooden leg does
not make me a lesser human being. Harrumph.

Des

And the answer is.........?! ;-)
--
Sacha
www.hillhousenursery.co.uk

Old 12-06-2006, 03:38 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Judith Lea

In article , madgardener
writes
Hopefully I'll sit still for a bit and write a much needed garden
ramble. I missed you guys!

I was thinking of you yesterday and wondering why you hadn't posted
recently and wondering whether you were as hot as we were at Norwich.

--
Judith Lea
Old 12-06-2006, 06:20 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Brian

wrote:

Sacha wrote:
Anyone else not getting all posts? In two or three threads lately I've
missed some of the posts.

How do you know if posts are missing Sacha? Maybe I am, maybe not how do
I know?

Because I see replies to originals that have not appeared on my screen.
--
Sacha
www.hillhousenursery.co.uk
South Devon
(email address on website)

~~~~~~
I find it exactlly the same. Actually most seem to be answers to
questions that I've not seen. Have always assumed they came via "Banter"
etc.
Best Wishes Brian.

Old 12-06-2006, 06:38 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Sacha

On 12/6/06 18:20, in article ,
"Brian" --- 'flayb' to respond wrote:

"Sacha" wrote in message
On 11/6/06 18:51, in article
, "Broadback"
wrote:

Sacha wrote:
Anyone else not getting all posts? In two or three threads lately I've
missed some of the posts.
How do you know if posts are missing Sacha? Maybe I am, maybe not how do
I know?

Because I see replies to originals that have not appeared on my screen.
--
Sacha
www.hillhousenursery.co.uk
South Devon
(email address on website)

~~~~~~
I find it exactlly the same. Actually most seem to be answers to
questions that I've not seen. Have always assumed they came via "Banter"
etc.

Good point. That would apply to some but not to all in my case.
--
Sacha
www.hillhousenursery.co.uk