Old 18-06-2006, 08:44 AM
Registered User

Default Can anybody Identify this plant ?

Hello all,

I need help. I bought this plant about 6 years ago thinking it would look nice next to my water feature. It' a green spikey yucca type thing - leaves about 2 foot in length and bout 3 foot tall (does that add up ?). Anyway, during those 6 years the plant has sprouted next to itself aboput three times and is slowly migrating towards my house. This year, for the first time, it's started to flower, at least that's what I think it is. A huge red 2 inch thick stem/stalk has shot up from the centre with red 6 inch leaves, each of those leaves protecting about 5 buds ready to flower. This stem however is already about 7ft tall and I don't quite know what to do. It's growing at such a rate it's unreal and given I live in a three storey house, I'm afraid that I might see it tomorrow morning when I open my bedroom curtains !
If anyone has any info on what it is or how I should look after it then I would be grateful. Please see attached pics.

Thanks
Attached Thumbnails
Can anybody Identify this plant ?-dsc01713.jpg
Old 19-06-2006, 09:03 PM
Registered User

Thanks Sacha,
That's a good start, it certainly looks like the one you've referenced, but I'm just slightly unsure about the single stem 'flower' that mine has. It's now about 7 foot 5 inches, but no flowers as yet.
Thanks again