Old 21-06-2006, 08:31 PM
Registered User

Default Garlic

I`ve planted some Garlic could anyone tell me when I should pull it.
Old 21-06-2006, 10:54 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Squeezeweasel

frigate wrote:
I`ve planted some Garlic could anyone tell me when I should pull it.

When did you plant it? It should have gone in last October.

Your garlic will flower first (pinch off the scape or flowering head
before it comes out so more energy goes into the bulb); after
flowering, the green part of the plants will start to yellow. When
about half the leaves are yellow on any given plant (probably August in
the UK, given this year's weather), it should be time to take the bulb
out.

They probably won't come ready all at the same time, so exercise
caution!

--
www.gastronomydomine.com

Old 22-06-2006, 07:52 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
sam

frigate wrote:
I`ve planted some Garlic could anyone tell me when I should pull it.

The old saying was plant on the shortest day,lift on the longest.
I planted mine last December and they are ready for lifting now.

Garlic - garlic.jpg Ann Garden Photos 2 03-04-2008 11:31 AM
Speaking of garlic... John S. DeBoo Edible Gardening 4 29-05-2003 10:20 PM
Elphant Garlic Bill Edible Gardening 11 29-05-2003 05:20 PM
Wild garlic Chris Hogg United Kingdom 0 30-03-2003 02:33 AM
Does garlic set seed? Robert cubitt United Kingdom 2 20-10-2002 09:39 PM