Old 23-06-2006, 12:52 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Mary Fisher

Default Weight of concrete block

"Rupert (W.Yorkshire)" wrote in message

"Mary Fisher" wrote in message
t...

"Janet Baraclough" wrote in message
The message
from "Mary Fisher" contains these words:

LOL! At what point does a slab become a block?

Er.... in your very first post in the thread.

I'll rephrase that!

At what point does the interpretation of a 'slab' differ from that of a
'block'?

:-)

Mary

Same as with some people. Depends on how thick they are.
Let's complicate things and introduce the term slabette.

Ooh yes! When we got our first caravan we had to have a dinette and a
kitchenette, a doorette and ... well, you get the drift.

Daft, innit!

Mary

Old 23-06-2006, 12:54 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Mary Fisher

"michael adams" wrote in message

If you can point me to the website of a manufacturer of 2ft deep paving
slabs which I could have used instead, then I'd be most grateful. (44)

michael adams (46)

You're all so young!

Or is that the number of slabs/blocks/anything between you need?

Mary

That's the number of words in the post, as I was formerly
accused of using "hundreds of words".

By me?

The memory is perfect at storage. Retrieval is more difficult.

Childishness-on-stilts ? Moi ?

HAHAHA!

Mary (14, all-in - oh, now it's more ... )

michael adams (24)

Old 23-06-2006, 01:01 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Tim C.

Following up to "Mary Fisher" :

Ooh yes! When we got our first caravan we had to have a dinette and a
kitchenette, a doorette and ... well, you get the drift.

surely it was a caravanette?
--
Tim C.
Old 23-06-2006, 01:49 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Rupert \(W.Yorkshire\)

[...]

Bet it had a Toilet as well.

Old 23-06-2006, 04:32 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Mary Fisher

"Tim C." wrote in message
Following up to "Mary Fisher" :

Ooh yes! When we got our first caravan we had to have a dinette and a
kitchenette, a doorette and ... well, you get the drift.

surely it was a caravanette?

Indeed. I meant to say that but was interrupted ... by a peekerette.

Mary
--
Tim C.

Old 23-06-2006, 04:33 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Mary Fisher

[...]

Oh come on, it wasn't posh. We used a buckette.

Mary

Old 23-06-2006, 05:07 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
shazzbat

[...]

So it didn't have a CD player then? Just a cassette?

Steve

Old 23-06-2006, 09:34 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Mary Fisher

"shazzbat" wrote in message

Same as with some people. Depends on how thick they are.
Let's complicate things and introduce the term slabette.

Ooh yes! When we got our first caravan we had to have a dinette and a
kitchenette, a doorette and ... well, you get the drift.

Daft, innit!

Mary

Bet it had a Toilet as well.

Oh come on, it wasn't posh. We used a buckette.

So it didn't have a CD player then? Just a cassette?

We didn't even have a CD player in the house.

Steve

Old 24-06-2006, 10:31 AM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Mary Fisher

"Janet Baraclough" wrote in message
The message
from "Mary Fisher" contains these words:

"Janet Baraclough" wrote in message
The message
from "Mary Fisher" contains these words:

LOL! At what point does a slab become a block?

Er.... in your very first post in the thread.

I'll rephrase that!

At what point does the interpretation of a 'slab' differ from that of a
'block'?

:-)

Just above a chap's neck?

Nice one!

Mary

Janet

--
Isle of Arran Open Gardens weekend 21,22,23 July 2006
5 UKP three-day adult ticket (funds go to island charities) buys entry

Old 24-06-2006, 10:32 AM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Mary Fisher

"Janet Baraclough" wrote in message

Yes.

But I shan't :-)

Mary

Old 24-06-2006, 10:33 AM posted to uk.rec.gardening
michael adams

"Mary Fisher" wrote in message
t...

"michael adams" wrote in message

If you can point me to the website of a manufacturer of 2ft deep

paving
slabs which I could have used instead, then I'd be most grateful.

(44)

michael adams (46)

You're all so young!

Or is that the number of slabs/blocks/anything between you need?

Mary

That's the number of words in the post, as I was formerly
accused of using "hundreds of words".

By me?

Nope. That was someone else.

michael adams

Old 24-06-2006, 10:54 AM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Nick Maclaren

In article ,
Janet Baraclough writes:

| May I suggest that when you have re-quoted your own post, as above, you
| should also multiply the word count by the number of times you posted
| them before? So, your section which scored 46, should have scored 92
| (for repetition) and then added to 24, giving your post a true score of
| 116.

You may. May I also suggest that you should count all numbers in your
posts as if they were written in unary, giving your post a score of 328?

Regards,
Nick Maclaren.
Old 24-06-2006, 11:04 AM posted to uk.rec.gardening
michael adams

"Janet Baraclough" wrote in message
The message
from "michael adams" contains these words:

"Phil L" wrote in message

If you can point me to the website of a manufacturer of 2ft deep

paving
slabs which I could have used instead, then I'd be most grateful.

(44)

michael adams (46)

You're all so young!

Or is that the number of slabs/blocks/anything between you need?

Mary

That's the number of words in the post, as I was formerly
accused of using "hundreds of words".

Childishness-on-stilts ? Moi ?

michael adams (24)

You're cheating, by not counting the number of words in posts you
requote.

May I suggest that when you have re-quoted your own post, as above, you
should also multiply the word count by the number of times you posted
them before? So, your section which scored 46, should have scored 92
(for repetition) and then added to 24, giving your post a true score of
116.

Janet.

Thank you for that kind thought.

As it implies that my being accused of posting "hundreds of words"
isn't quite as wounding and hurtful, as was maybe intended.

Every cloud has a silver lining, as they say.

michael adams

Old 24-06-2006, 02:10 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Mary Fisher

"michael adams" wrote in message

That's the number of words in the post, as I was formerly
accused of using "hundreds of words".

By me?

Nope. That was someone else.

Phew!

Mary
off to fire up the bread oven now for the make-your-own pizza party

Old 25-06-2006, 10:10 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
BoyPete

Mary Fisher wrote:
[...]

Called Hyacinth?

ßôyþëtë