Old 01-07-2006, 12:55 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
George.com

Default Plastic bag keeping-opener

wrote in message
ups.com...
OhNo wrote:
Yes larger ones are available from UK garden centres...........I have

one
but it measures 75cm x 170cm suitable for garden refuse sacks.

My Grandad used an offcut of Lino to do the same thing, 30 odd years
ago. 'course, they were paper sacks in those days...

my thoughts exactly Robert, sounds like a piece of old lino.

rob

Old 03-07-2006, 08:53 AM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Rob

A cousin of mine has a simple sheet of flexible plastic (about 40x60
cms) which you roll up and insert into a plastic bag - and the bag
stays open, not flopping around, making it easy to load the bag with
leaves, etc. I believe this one came from Canada.
Are they known in the UK?
If so, under what name and where can I get one (preferably online)?
It's sheer genius,
TIA

Old 03-07-2006, 09:15 AM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Mike

"Rob" wrote in message
oups.com...
A cousin of mine has a simple sheet of flexible plastic (about 40x60
cms) which you roll up and insert into a plastic bag - and the bag
stays open, not flopping around, making it easy to load the bag with
leaves, etc. I believe this one came from Canada.
Are they known in the UK?
If so, under what name and where can I get one (preferably online)?
It's sheer genius,
TIA

Yes they are available in the UK. Have a look in the KleeneZe or Bettaware
Catalogues, I feel sure I have seen them in there.

Mike

www.rnshipmates.co.uk
International Festival of the Sea 28th June - 1st July 2007

Old 03-07-2006, 09:18 AM posted to uk.rec.gardening
OhNo

"Rob" wrote in message
oups.com...
A cousin of mine has a simple sheet of flexible plastic (about 40x60
cms) which you roll up and insert into a plastic bag - and the bag
stays open, not flopping around, making it easy to load the bag with
leaves, etc. I believe this one came from Canada.
Are they known in the UK?
If so, under what name and where can I get one (preferably online)?
It's sheer genius,
TIA

40cm x 60cm, if my math is correct that means the bag has either a 12cm or
19cm diameter or smaller as some overlap is required.

Are we talking for garden refuse or window box refuse.

Old 03-07-2006, 10:25 AM posted to uk.rec.gardening

OhNo wrote:
Yes larger ones are available from UK garden centres...........I have one
but it measures 75cm x 170cm suitable for garden refuse sacks.

My Grandad used an offcut of Lino to do the same thing, 30 odd years
ago. 'course, they were paper sacks in those days...

GÃœRTAN PLASTIC - PLASTIC CRATES,PALLETS and ALL TYPE OF PLASTIC PRODUCTS [email protected] Edible Gardening 0 05-06-2007 08:11 AM
To Bag- or not to bag? Jos. Wheeler Lawns 25 10-04-2006 11:10 AM
THE PAN SCAM - AN EYE OPENER Robert B II Australia 9 06-08-2003 01:02 PM
To bag or not to bag 2 Gene Moon Lawns 1 13-06-2003 04:44 PM
To Bag or Not to Bag Gene Moon Lawns 3 09-06-2003 03:08 PM