Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 05-07-2006, 04:09 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
tahiri

Default Garden Intruders

Recent threads on four legged garden visitors reminds me to ask about sheep.
This is a garden not a field and may have poisonous plants in it. If sheep
walk in through my open gate off the main road, I'm not responsible for
their safety am I? If they are effectively cutting my grass for me thats
fine by me. If I think it is sensible to shut the gate so they can't get out
into the traffic again is that legally a bad idea? Am I stopping them from
returning home or worse, have I stolen them?(!) How am I supposed to find
out who they belong to even if I am probably not obliged to do so? If I ring
the police to find out, does that get the farmer in trouble?

T. (yes, I'm in North Wales)