Old 13-07-2006, 10:04 AM posted to uk.rec.gardening
jakell

Default HELP

Hi folks, I feel a bit embarrassed as I only ever make contact when I need help, but I do visit the site on a regular basis to pick up tips. Can anyone tell me if there is a way to keep field mice and other gnawing pests out of my garden other than poisoning them.

Ta in anticipation.
Old 13-07-2006, 12:13 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Emrys Davies

"Janet Baraclough" wrote in message
The message
from "jakell" rudely bawled in HTML from a
no-brain header

Hi folks, I feel a bit embarrassed

So you should.

Janet

Rabbit netting http://tinyurl.com/s8768 may help, but forget about the
field mice as they do no one any harm and are to be encouraged as their
natural habitats are being gradually decimated.

Your choice of the word poison is unfortunate as I doubt that you would
resort to that course of action regarding the harmless fieldmouse.

Regards,
Emrys Davies.

Old 13-07-2006, 06:19 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Mr Alun Davies

"jakell" wrote in message
o.uk...
Hi folks, I feel a bit embarrassed as I only ever make contact when I need
help, but I do visit the site on a regular basis to pick up tips. Can
anyone tell me if there is a way to keep field mice and other gnawing pests
out of my garden other than poisoning them.

Ta in anticipation.

Mouse traps.

The type that catch them alive to allow you to let them go in someone else's
back garden about 10 miles away

;-^

Old 13-07-2006, 07:50 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Emrys Davies

"Mr Alun Davies" wrote in message

"jakell" wrote in message
o.uk...
Hi folks, I feel a bit embarrassed as I only ever make contact when I

need
help, but I do visit the site on a regular basis to pick up tips. Can
anyone tell me if there is a way to keep field mice and other gnawing

pests
out of my garden other than poisoning them.

Ta in anticipation.

Mouse traps.

The type that catch them alive to allow you to let them go in someone

else's
back garden about 10 miles away

Another not very bright idea. The knawing field mice in all probability
have left young ones in a nest and if you drop the parent mouse ten
miles away the young ones will be left to starve.

Regards,
Emrys Davies.

Old 13-07-2006, 07:55 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
BoyPete

"jakell" wrote in message
o.uk...
Hi folks, I feel a bit embarrassed as I only ever make contact when I need
help, but I do visit the site on a regular basis to pick up tips. Can
anyone tell me if there is a way to keep field mice and other gnawing pests
out of my garden other than poisoning them.

Ta in anticipation.

Just protect anything you don't want knawed............can't imagine
what....and let the poor buggers live their life naturally
--
ßôyþëtë

Old 13-07-2006, 09:54 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

Janet Baraclough writes
The message
from "jakell" rudely bawled in HTML from a
no-brain header

Hi folks, I feel a bit embarrassed

So you should.

What are you on about? It was a very polite request.
--
Kay
Old 13-07-2006, 11:00 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Alan Holmes

"Emrys Davies" wrote in message
"Mr Alun Davies" wrote in message

"jakell" wrote in message
o.uk...
Hi folks, I feel a bit embarrassed as I only ever make contact when I

need
help, but I do visit the site on a regular basis to pick up tips. Can
anyone tell me if there is a way to keep field mice and other gnawing

pests
out of my garden other than poisoning them.

Ta in anticipation.

Mouse traps.

The type that catch them alive to allow you to let them go in someone

else's
back garden about 10 miles away

Another not very bright idea. The knawing field mice in all probability
have left young ones in a nest and if you drop the parent mouse ten
miles away the young ones will be left to starve.

Which reduced the mouse population by several thousand!

Alan

Regards,
Emrys Davies.

Old 14-07-2006, 07:07 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

Janet Baraclough writes
The message
from K contains these words:

Janet Baraclough writes
The message
from "jakell" rudely bawled in HTML from a
no-brain header

Hi folks, I feel a bit embarrassed

So you should.

What are you on about? It was a very polite request.

Jakell says he's a regular reader. So, he must have noticed that while
many posts ask for help, the majority give a sensible clue to the query
in the header, don't use caps, and don't use HTML. When a first-time
user does those things, it's forgiveable. When a repeat poster and
regular reader can't be bothered to adapt, that suggests a chauvinist
disregard for urg and the people he's asking for help, which is just
plain rude.

It didn't come up as HTML for me. Just a normal posting.
--
Kay

HELP HELP HELP Lynne Orchids 6 07-05-2004 01:03 AM
help with high light/high co2 tank out of balance = greenwater :( help J. H. Freshwater Aquaria Plants 17 08-04-2003 04:44 PM
YOU HELP ME AND I HELP YOU !!! illmatic Ponds (alternative) 0 26-03-2003 03:32 AM
[IBC] IBCers You can help the list (was: [IBC] Please help me :-))) Jim Lewis Bonsai 0 23-03-2003 12:44 AM
help! Please help find out what kind of plants I have :) Dave M. Picklyk Freshwater Aquaria Plants 0 18-02-2003 05:09 AM