Old 19-07-2006, 06:38 PM
Registered User

Default Grapes for wine

Hello all,
I was wondering if anyone can advise me on which grape variety I can grow for wine making.I would prefer a red grape variety but obviously one which will readily grow under cover in the North of England.If anyone has any suggestions and advice I would be eternally grateful. Thankyou.
Old 20-07-2006, 09:04 AM posted to uk.rec.gardening
David Rance

On Wed, 19 Jul 2006 mikestatts wrote:

I was wondering if anyone can advise me on which grape
variety I can grow for wine making.I would prefer a red grape variety
but obviously one which will readily grow under cover in the North of
England.If anyone has any suggestions and advice I would be eternally
grateful. Thankyou.

Try this site:

http://www.vigoltd.com/commercial/grapevines.asp

Although you can buy them only in quantities of twenty-five from Vigo
they give you lots of useful information to enable you to choose what
you want. Then you can try to find a garden centre near you who can
supply what you want in smaller quantities.

David

--
David Rance http://www.mesnil.demon.co.uk
Fido Address: 2:252/110 writing from Caversham, Reading, UK

Making wine from Green grapes David United Kingdom 2 10-10-2014 07:31 PM
grapes the wine of fruit, then buffaloeberry the champagne or spiceof fruit [email protected] Plant Science 0 22-07-2008 07:46 AM
Grapes to wine BoyPete United Kingdom 23 18-09-2006 06:58 PM
Grapes - suitable for making wine? Dave Henson United Kingdom 4 28-09-2004 09:07 PM