Old 27-07-2006, 06:29 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

Default Passiflora caerulea 'Constance Elliott'

Is anyone growing this? I ask simply because they're in flower now and it's
just such a lovely, delicate plant. It's a sport of the better known P.
caerulea, I think and it's white and wonderful AND it's as hardy as its
cousin.
--
Sacha
www.hillhousenursery.co.uk

Old 27-07-2006, 08:11 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

In article ,
Sacha writes:

| Is anyone growing this? I ask simply because they're in flower now and it's
| just such a lovely, delicate plant. It's a sport of the better known P.
| caerulea, I think and it's white and wonderful AND it's as hardy as its
| cousin.

Yes. It is facing south-east, and is a sparse grower and shy flowerer
with me. It's OK, but not exciting.

Admittedly, my caerulea hasn't flowered at all so far this year, for
reasons known only to itself. It is possibly because it has access
to a lot more water and was cut back hard.

The one that I am chuffed with is my P. incarnata, which I grew from
seed, and is flowering now. It is the very devil to grow in most parts
of the UK, as it can't stand the combination of even slight frost and
waterlogging. Mine is in the rain shadow of the eaves, sharing a bed
with Cyclamen coum, which also likes that.

Regards,
Nick Maclaren.
Old 28-07-2006, 11:30 AM posted to uk.rec.gardening

One of our passiflora caerulea has large numbers of flowers this year,
more than ever, the bees love it, esp bumble bees. It's still flowering,
& fruiting like crazy!! I loves the weather, on the front of the south
facing house & yet again trying to get into the living room!!

Not sure if it's edulis, but I have tried some of the fruit in previous
years!!

nice!

I LOVE passiflora, really considering renewing my Passiflora society
membership.

I went to visit John Vanderplank , who is the custodian of the
Passiflora collection in the UK.. Amazing place, would love to go
again!!

http://www.passiflora-uk.co.uk/

JW

My Blog at: http://www.livejournal.com/users/sw33tf00l/